Child support, does it ever end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KELLEY68 View Post
    Divorced when the kids were 2. I had to pay $1000 a month. That covered a lot of her partying. I got custody of the boys (twins ) when they were 6. Ex was ordered to pay $290 a month. She only payed 14 months total in 12 years. I turned it over to the AG a long time ago. I wasn't going to spend money trying to get her to pay. She finally started working a 6 years ago. AG takes here income tax return every year and took the balance in her 401k last year. The boys are 25 now and I am still collecting a check for back payments. She will be payed up in about 8yrs. Its the gift that keeps giving!
    Nice!

Comment

Been watching my best friend get taken back to court every 2 years for his ex to get more money. I wouldn’t t wish that on anyone.

He has 3 years left and I think I’ll throw him a party when he is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never been in yalls position but it seems like a cluster $&%+ of a system.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Respectfully, that wasn't the point. We all want to take care of our kids, we just don't want to subsidize the habits or whims of an ex. It would be great if there were some kind of mechanism to make sure child support were actually used for the child, unfortunately that is not the case. Been there, done that long ago. It's probably worse now.
          Yeah it’s called joint custody

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            currently paying the state standard of 25% on both of mine, ages 8 and 5. i asked her the other day if she and her husband (my ex brother in law, yeah, figure that out.. and she STILL got primary custody) would accept shared custody with no child support, and shes considering it. I told her we (my wife and i) would sell our house and move to the same school district if she would accept that.. told her i would pay for all the legal mumbo jumbo to get settled. we would live within same school district, but not be neighbors. 'child support' would be negated, kids would be covered by insurance and the other party would pay half the premium, all deductibles and costs for medical would be split 50/50, time 50/50. it would allow me to attend more of their school functions and extracurricular activities. would have a bit longer commute to and from work, but thats a drop in the bucket of what would be so much better. THIS is in the best interest for OUR children.. this may not be the case for the majority, but its something worth looking into..
            It is the best option. I left my career at the Big X , sold my house, and left my old life so u could do exactly that. At first I was mad but over time it has been a blessing times 10. I spend way more time with my daughter and our relationship has really grown. I’d never imagined my daughter and I would attend an astros game alone or go to cattle auctions and she likeS it! Yeah commuting can suck but the benefits of the child is way better.

Comment

Why are you referring to yourself as a dead beat dad. Sounds like your anything but. And let’s not forget, you chose to marry your daughters mom

Comment

Some of these stories make me want to punch a dead beat dad, and I'm not a violent person.
                Some of them make me want to choke a selfish mom, and I'm not a violent person.

All of them make me want to hug my kid tighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Some of these stories make me want to punch a dead beat dad, and I'm not a violent person.
                  Some of them make me want to choke a selfish mom, and I'm not a violent person.

All of them make me want to hug my kid tighter.
                  Can I Pick the selfish mom? I have a good candidate.

Hoggslayer

Comment

It is amazing to me how the dead beat Dad has ruined life for those that are not ...

I have no idea why she deserves to have my Kids for a longer period of time than I do. I have it good, so to speak, but I believe if I do my part, I should have them 50% of the time.

And if I can easily show that I am doing my part, it should not be a fight.

Comment

Man, a lot of bad blood when it comes to a divorce.

On the flip side, my MIL divorced her alcoholic/abusive husband and got nothing! I met Ms. Shelly married her and took care of my MIL the best I could. The hell they went through. So it doesn't always go in the favor of the wife and children.

For you guys that pay support knowing it isn't being used for the child, yall are better men than I. Keep up the good fight.

Comment

I was never married to the B and I paid $1200 a month for about 5 years. She decided to shack up and have another child with an abusive meth head... Long story short, 4 year court battle.. now I have custody of my son and am supposed to get $150 a month C.S. Haven't got a dime yet!

A lot of people told me I would never win and we did..

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                          Why are you referring to yourself as a dead beat dad. Sounds like your anything but. And let’s not forget, you chose to marry your daughters mom
                          No matter what you do that’s what they try to call you. I remember when I was called that and I had receipts to back up everything. I remember when my ex’s lawyer tried to say I wasn’t in my kid life and I had thousands of photos where I was at everything in her life lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            No matter what you do that’s what they try to call you. I remember when I was called that and I had receipts to back up everything. I remember when my ex’s lawyer tried to say I wasn’t in my kid life and I had thousands of photos where I was at everything in her life lol.

Sounds about par for the corse unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X