No announcement yet.

Looking for bino opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precision Camera & Video is your go-to camera store in Texas. We have a 40 year tradition of integrity and personal service, and a knowledgable staff that is passionate about photography and education.

Unfortunately out of stock. Bought some two years ago for CO trip. Exit pupil is 5.3mm. Marine binos are 7mm. I figured for less money and less power with more light to the pupil they'd do. If I needed more power...Id level the rifle.

Comment

PM Arrowsmith on TBH, he is a dealer for Vortex and will get you the best deal on Vortex binos. He is also a sponsor of TBH. We should all try to do business with our site sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemiz View Post
        I took a chance on a new company, Tract. Their Toric binoculars have compared very well with other top tier glass but cost a fraction of the price. I think they are the value leader at this time. I love mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        I've been reading good things about the Tract Torics, just curious what other binos have you compared them to?

Comment

I've looked through the Vortex Razor at Cabelas outside around dusk and I can't tell the difference in low light performance between them and the Toric. They were both noticeably brighter than you can see with the naked eye in low light.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            PM Arrowsmith on TBH, he is a dealer for Vortex and will get you the best deal on Vortex binos. He is also a sponsor of TBH. We should all try to do business with our site sponsors.
            This

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
              Look at Minox. I have some of the 8X25 BVII which are their bottom of the line, but I prefer them over other binos that I have.
              I bought some Minox recently and was impressed.

Comment

I pulled the trigger on some high end bino's a several years back. Got Zeiss victory flt. Did a good bit of research. While researching I found the that bird watching sites had the the most (unbiased) info. Suggest you give those sites a look as they should help you make your decision. Ended up buying from Neil at Cameraland NY. Ordered "demos", but there was an error in their inventory. Neil called me and offered new at same price as it was their error. Good folks to deal with. Have also bought on couple of scopes from them since. One was Minox BCD I put on an H&R 45/70 and could not be more please.

Comment

I just sent in some Steiner Merlin's for repair, They just sent me back a new pair of a similar model. You might try that route, Send them in for repair and you never know. The most it could cost you is shipping.

Comment

I bought Vortex binoculars for both my wife and my mom as gifts. They are both happy with them. I think they are sort of in the sweet spot of very good quality at a reasonable price. You can spend more or less of course. But I think for the price, they're a good value.

Here is a thread in the classifieds where you can contact Arrowsmith...

Vortex Optics Special Pricing for TBH'ers

Comment

Vortex has actually had a price reduction on the Viper HD. I can put you in a pair of Viper HD 10x42 and stay within your budget. Give me a shout.

Watch this video:

Comment

This is my set up for Bino's. The pair on the right is Leica ultravid HD plus and run about 2gr. The pair on the left are Leupold BX3 Mojave Pro Guide HD and run about $750.00. I personally can not tell which glass is better. Right now I am loving the Leupolds.
                        Attached Files

Comment

bino's

If you haven't looked through Nikon's MONARCH 7's it is worth it. I put my Swaro's in my safe after using the MONARCH 7's for the first time 3 years ago. I do freelance work for Nikon but that doesn't mean on my hunting trips I"m not going to take the best equip I have with me. Since getting the 7's they haven't missed a KS,TX or Ok trip I have been on. In fact writer D. Petzal said he'd put the 7's up against Euro bino's costing 4 times as much as the $499 MONARCH 7's. By the way, I don't do any sales at all, just trying to help you get the most value for your 4.
                          As for the warranty, watch this short video and you decide.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It all depends on what you are wanting to do. I might have missed it but i didnt see anything about your typical uses.

Vortex isnt exactly high end glass but its dang sure in my budget (and yours too). Ive been super happy with my 15x56 vultures. I run my binos on a tripod 90% of the time. they make the vultures in lower power but they are all 56mm. That may be heavier than what you want but i plan on getting some 8s at some point just to be able to see in super low light. The hd vipers are super nice too if you dont want the big objective. Meopta is also getting some rave reviews from people who know optics. Ive heard guys say they are basically swaro quality glass at almost half the price.
                            Last edited by Felix40; 02-24-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X