Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
sqiggy
Pope & Young
 
sqiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin, Tx
Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co
Default No Draw Hunts?

How many here that DOESN'T apply for the draw hunts?
I always put in for 2 or 3, and not like a couple of dozen!!!
I think I average around 9 dollars a year!!!
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
hrdwrkncwby76
Ten Point
 
hrdwrkncwby76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Hunt In: public land
Default

I never have. I donít really understand how they work either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hrdwrkncwby76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Oldblue
Four Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

I do put in for a few but, have yet to get drawn. Good Luck
Oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
RGV Hunter
Six Point
 
RGV Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: RGV
Hunt In: Anywhere I can go legally
Default

Draw hunts and public land hunt areas that are open during the hunt season is all I put in for.
RGV Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #5
hoghntrncypress
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

I put in for I think 4 this year. My first time doing it. We'll see what happens.
hoghntrncypress is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
bowhuntingw
Ten Point
 
bowhuntingw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default

Draw odds are terrible now with the new system. Better chance of drawing out if state bighorn or mt goat. Lol but....I’ll be sending my donation in because there’s always a chance.
bowhuntingw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #7
diamond10x
Ten Point
 
diamond10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Helotes
Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties
Default

I have a lot of buddies who have never put in for them or have even heard of them... I on the other hand put in for everything or place I would like to go in the event I do get drawn, but has never happened in 17 years.
diamond10x is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #8
Davik
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

I do not apply for the hunts...just a scam for money imho
Davik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #9
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young
 
Muddy Bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Webb/Jim Hogg
Default

Yep, donate about 30 bucks a year for the last 4 years. Never been drawn for any. This year I was only off for four of the hunts, three fell on the same days.
Muddy Bud is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #10
staplehawk
Eight Point
 
staplehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Mullen, Lockhart, Hays and Circle Dug
Default

I put in for about 20 and have for several years, with no luck. I've spent $100 on far worse things in my life.
staplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #11
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

I put in for 5 or 6 hunts a year for about 10 years but quit when the came out with this new draw system.
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 11:39 PM   #12
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bastrop Bosque Freestone Grayson Hill McLennan Navarro Counties
Default

I only put in for the ones I have have 15+ preference points for (though in the scheme of things the odds are still very bad even with that many points) and have abandoned the rest. If I ever draw those I won't apply for them again unless they do something to better the odds like they did with the youth hunts this year. And I tend to agree with Davik on what the tpwd draw has become with the online system.

Last edited by bossbowman; 07-10-2018 at 11:42 PM.
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #13
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

I used to. Got drawn for a couple. Had some good times and killed some deer.
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 11:46 PM   #14
TP3
Ten Point
 
TP3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dripping Springs, TX
Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co
Default

Used to but finally lost interest. Never been drawn, old system or the new one.
TP3 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 11:50 PM   #15
bullets13
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Fannett
Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co
Default

We put in for about 15 or so a year. We’ve been drawn 5 or 6 times in 8 years
bullets13 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #16
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default

The Texas Draw hunts are a Joke. I spend $1500 a year putting in for all the western stuff but dont waste my money on the Texas stuff. I literally have a better chance of drawing a sheep in some of the western states than some of the hunts here in Texas..
JTeLarkin08 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #17
tdwinklr
Eight Point
 
tdwinklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leonard, TX
Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
The Texas Draw hunts are a Joke. I spend $1500 a year putting in for all the western stuff but dont waste my money on the Texas stuff. I literally have a better chance of drawing a sheep in some of the western states than some of the hunts here in Texas..
I've drawn several over the years, youth hunts as well.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #18
tx_basser
Four Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sachse, TX
Hunt In: Any place Public
Default

I put in 3 or 4 hunts, it seem to be just a money maker for TPWD after they changed the system.
tx_basser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #19
BlackHogDown
Ten Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NW Houston
Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default

Not me.
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #20
LiftAndShoot
Ten Point
 
LiftAndShoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Arlington
Hunt In: Kaufman County
Default

I actually applied for draw hunts for the first time (in Texas) this year. I applied without knowing what I was really doing for a few montana tags before (didn't draw). Also applied for the St. Vincent Island Sambar hunt in Florida once - of course I drew the tag and didn't get to go. Figures.
LiftAndShoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #21
BLee15
Four Point
 
BLee15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dallas, Tx
Hunt In: Cherokee & Crossplains
Default

I just applied to one in each category to build up pref points. Chancing of winning are slim but if I did win it would be a memorable hunt.
BLee15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #22
CrossTimbers
Ten Point
 
CrossTimbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rockwall, TX
Hunt In: Brown County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staplehawk View Post
I put in for about 20 and have for several years, with no luck. I've spent $100 on far worse things in my life.
Truer words have never been spoken.
CrossTimbers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
N.DaWoods
Ten Point
 
N.DaWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin Area
Hunt In: Texas
Default

I never have
N.DaWoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #24
Jen-Man
Ten Point
 
Jen-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sheridan,Tx
Hunt In: Sheridan, Cotulla
Default

In the past when my kids were younger I put in for everything. Now that they are older I only put in for ones that I have preference points for. I have been on several of these hunts in the past. Some good, some not so good. Itís terrible what they have done to the system. Itís all about the money! I wish you could put in for a preference pint only like Colorado, thereís one hunt I really want and they only have listed about every 5 years so I have to put in for a different one to get a point. Have drawn for one of those once and had to start over.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jen-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #25
CWaller30
Six Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eddy, TX
Hunt In: Falls County, TX/Oklahoma/KS
Default

Never
CWaller30 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #26
Etxnoodler
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Default

The new system started because people that canít do basic math were complaining about the effort it took to mail in applications and only being able to put in for one hunt. And now many of those same people are shocked and complain because the draw odds are even worse than before But now that the state realizes how much money it can make it will most likely never change. That doesnít mean people canít try whenever they get any surveys or such. But it will probably take a LOT before anything changes. With so few tags the only options are completely random draw, what they are doing now, or squaring the points each individual has and putting their names in that many times. A true preference system will not work in Texas. Or they could do any of the above and make people front the total cost of the hunt when applying then refunding the money of not drawn. System sucks but people spoke and got what they wanted now itís biting everybody in the butt.
Etxnoodler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #27
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Don't waste your time. There are no animals on TX public land.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #28
jdunn6092
Four Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ingleside
Hunt In: Texas
Default

I applied for 16 hunts this year. It is my first time and to be honest I doubt I get anything. My main purpose in applying is to start building loyalty points on some of the cooler hunts like mule deer, pronghorn, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdunn6092 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #29
jdunn6092
Four Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ingleside
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxnoodler View Post
The new system started because people that canít do basic math were complaining about the effort it took to mail in applications and only being able to put in for one hunt. And now many of those same people are shocked and complain because the draw odds are even worse than before But now that the state realizes how much money it can make it will most likely never change. That doesnít mean people canít try whenever they get any surveys or such. But it will probably take a LOT before anything changes. With so few tags the only options are completely random draw, what they are doing now, or squaring the points each individual has and putting their names in that many times. A true preference system will not work in Texas. Or they could do any of the above and make people front the total cost of the hunt when applying then refunding the money of not drawn. System sucks but people spoke and got what they wanted now itís biting everybody in the butt.


A little birdie told me that they may start limiting how many hunts you can apply for each year. This will limit the amount of people that can apply across the board.

They may start with kids first and see what happens.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdunn6092 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #30
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bastrop Bosque Freestone Grayson Hill McLennan Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn6092 View Post
A little birdie told me that they may start limiting how many hunts you can apply for each year. This will limit the amount of people that can apply across the board.

They may start with kids first and see what happens.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They already started with youth categories this year, 3 hunts max per category. They need to do this across the board next year, they will get more money from me if they do.
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #31
jdunn6092
Four Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ingleside
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post

They already started with youth categories this year, 3 hunts max per category. They need to do this across the board next year, they will get more money from me if they do.


Itís kinda a double edge sword. They would loss money from some but gain from the ones that donít apply anymore. Who knows.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdunn6092 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #32
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

We always do but selective on where we apply. Figure if I get lucky might as well have good odds of getting something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #33
Ungawa
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Williamson County
Hunt In: Lampasas County
Default

It took me 11 years of applying before I was ever drawn, putting in 15 to 25 entries per year. I have been drawn twice in ~15 years....one bow hunt and one gun hunt. None the less I enjoy putting in every year.
Ungawa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #34
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

If nobody is getting drawn, then who is it that goes on these hunts?


Name:  scratch-head03-idea-animated-animat.gif~c200.gif
Views: 301
Size:  52.2 KB






























Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #35
NDN98
Eight Point
 
NDN98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: McKinney, TX
Default

I put in for a few hunts each year. In the last decade, I have been drawn only 3 times. Twice for GDA and once for GDM
NDN98 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #36
duckman49
Ten Point
 
duckman49's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mont Belvieu
Hunt In: Chambers County
Default

I put my daughter in for the max amount this year( first year trying it and 0 luck so far) hers are free to enter so just take me some time to enter them no $$...
duckman49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #37
jnd1959
Four Point
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Right now the barrier to entry is very small,. So people drop $3 a pop on as many as they can. This lowers barrier of entry but significantly lowers odds. What if the draw cost was $25 per draw but a percentage of that cost goes toward the permit if your drawn. After you apply so many years your permit will be paid for and your draw cost in that category is only the net percent cost. The system we have now is modeled after the lottery, low entry barrier but low odds. People are fundamentally optimistic and will continue to apply even though the odds are low. This maximizes revenue but penalizes those who apply often.
You can build a better preference point system around a higher application cost.
jnd1959 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #38
txpitdog
Pope & Young
 
txpitdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kingwood
Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default

I had lost interest and began the saga of east Texas deer lease drama hunting. But now my 10yr old has the fever after killing his first deer, so I put him in for every hunt I could. Weíll just see how it goes. Canít complain with the app fee being $0 for kids.
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #39
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young
 
Texas Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Howe
Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County
Default

5 years of spending about $75 each time in entries. Have yet to get drawn. Always disappointed but I know one day Iíll draw something.....maybe. That Fort Boggy/Choke Canyon fiasco this year really heart my heart lol. I just tell myself the money is going to a good cause. May start applying for out of state hunts. Just now sure where to start.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #40
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SE TX, Nederland
Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County
Default

I have only entered for a few until this year and they were always the bad odds trophy type hunts but a buddy that does a lot of these got me to put in some apps and we were drawn for a nilgai archery hunt. He gets drawn for at least 1 or 2 every year. If you are after a trophy hunt odds are very bad but if you just want a hunt for some meat odds are pretty dang good.
TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #41
hully1029
Pope & Young
 
hully1029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Collinsville, TX
Hunt In: Grayson/Cooke
Default

I have for the last few years.. just a couple here and there, just for chits and grins.. never been drawn
hully1029 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #42
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bastrop Bosque Freestone Grayson Hill McLennan Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnd1959 View Post
Right now the barrier to entry is very small,. So people drop $3 a pop on as many as they can. This lowers barrier of entry but significantly lowers odds. What if the draw cost was $25 per draw but a percentage of that cost goes toward the permit if your drawn. After you apply so many years your permit will be paid for and your draw cost in that category is only the net percent cost. The system we have now is modeled after the lottery, low entry barrier but low odds. People are fundamentally optimistic and will continue to apply even though the odds are low. This maximizes revenue but penalizes those who apply often.
You can build a better preference point system around a higher application cost.
Thats a good idea but I just as well prefer they charge you the entire $80 or $130 permit fee at time of application and give you a refund when you don't draw. Or a system that might get more applications is requiring you credit card info at time of application and if you draw they charge you immediately, none of this waiting to see if people want to pay for the hunt they drew and 2nd draw business.

Last edited by bossbowman; 08-27-2018 at 12:11 PM.
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 PM   #43
Masmak
Six Point
 
Masmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Need a place!!
Default

put in for about 7 of them this year. Haven't been drawn in the 6 years I have been donating my money.
Masmak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 12:47 PM   #44
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
Thats a good idea but I just as well prefer they charge you the entire $80 or $130 permit fee at time of application and give you a refund when you don't draw. Or a system that might get more applications is requiring you credit card info at time of application and if you draw they charge you immediately, none of this waiting to see if people want to pay for the hunt they drew and 2nd draw business.


I like the premise of this, but still should let you decline the hunt without a 50% refund. This will let them max the monies and still let people have the chance to hunt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #45
moondog
Spike
 
moondog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Atascosa County
Hunt In: Webb, Garza, Scurry and Borden Counties
Default

I apply for hunts in several categories. Whitetail (rifle and archery), Mule deer (rifle and archery and pronghorn. However, I take into consideration the dates, so that I know I can make the trip. I don't want to waste my points and years of applications to get selected for a hunt that I can't make.
Not interested in management or doe hunts, as I am fortunate enough to have access to enough venison for my annual requirements.
I also only apply to hunts in areas that I feel will offer the opportunity at a trophy animal.
I have been fortunate to make a whitetail hunt and a mule deer hunt, with the system. I did not take a whitetail, because I was being very selective (NO REGRETS). I scored on a great mule deer, in January of this year.
I was just selected for this year's archery hunt at Kickapoo Caverns.
As far as the cost goes; I rarely purchase a lottery ticket and even more rarely a "scratch-off ticket"; but I'm certain the total TPWD draw hunt applications costs me less per year, and I certainly have better odds of getting Value in return.
Just my thoughts.
PS: While I'm not fond of politics (to put it mildly)' and I can't be sure where all the money goes; I'm sure it takes a lot of $$$ to maintain Texas public land for ALL Texas wildlife; NOT just the game animals and birds. Just sayin'!
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #46
moondog
Spike
 
moondog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Atascosa County
Hunt In: Webb, Garza, Scurry and Borden Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
5 years of spending about $75 each time in entries. Have yet to get drawn. Always disappointed but I know one day Iíll draw something.....maybe. That Fort Boggy/Choke Canyon fiasco this year really heart my heart lol. I just tell myself the money is going to a good cause. May start applying for out of state hunts. Just now sure where to start.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I applied for Wyoming Mule Deer this year and did not get selected. However, I didn't understand the Preference Point System. I could have purchased a preference point, along with my application, and almost certainly would have been selected. I learned of a group of guys that have been selected for the Wyoming Mule Deer draw hunt, every year, 7 years in a row. The secret evidently is you must purchase the preference point at the time of your application, every year.
This was my 1st time to apply for an Out-Of-Texas hunt, of any kind.
But I am planning an Archery Elk hunt in western Colorado for the 2nd week of September. I can buy an "Over-The-Counter" Tag for this.
Not sure what my "odds" of taking a good bull are; but I'm pretty certain of what my "odds" of enjoying myself are, . Can't Wait!
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 02:51 PM   #47
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young
 
Texas Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Howe
Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I applied for Wyoming Mule Deer this year and did not get selected. However, I didn't understand the Preference Point System. I could have purchased a preference point, along with my application, and almost certainly would have been selected. I learned of a group of guys that have been selected for the Wyoming Mule Deer draw hunt, every year, 7 years in a row. The secret evidently is you must purchase the preference point at the time of your application, every year.
This was my 1st time to apply for an Out-Of-Texas hunt, of any kind.
But I am planning an Archery Elk hunt in western Colorado for the 2nd week of September. I can buy an "Over-The-Counter" Tag for this.
Not sure what my "odds" of taking a good bull are; but I'm pretty certain of what my "odds" of enjoying myself are, . Can't Wait!


I may have to check in to going that route. I have a buddy headed to Idaho soon also on a DIY elk hunt. Sounds like a blast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #48
moondog
Spike
 
moondog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Atascosa County
Hunt In: Webb, Garza, Scurry and Borden Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
I may have to check in to going that route. I have a buddy headed to Idaho soon also on a DIY elk hunt. Sounds like a blast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BTW, I also have researching and looking at Arizona for "Over-The-Counter" Archery Mule Deer, tags. It seems there are some pretty nice Muleys coming out of Kaibab Area, every year.
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com