Lake Meredith 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Meredith 2015

If I get my act together it will be my first time out to try and bring food home with me... Wish me luck :-/

It also currently looks like this, that's not the river that's "Seasonal Wetlands". Take your thermacell and a gallon of deet.

I'm planning on making my first trip up there the last week of October this season, unless I get drawn for a mulie somewhere else. Where abouts is that picture of the wetland taken? are there places that you can cross the river on foot? or do you pretty much have to access from one side of the other?

Comment

There are a couple places. Mullinaw Crossing is your best bet, and where you're wanting to go would best determine where and how you cross.
      The pic was taken at 35°34'7.82"N 101°43'7.17"W

Edit looking NW across from the loop
      Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
      Last edited by TRexFace; 08-23-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I'll be going again this year prolly towards the end of October.

Comment

I'd like to get up there. Hoping to go during archery season. Tips, tricks, knowledge anyone?

Comment

Anyone know the rules on deer hunting from a boat on meredith? Not shooting from the boat, just accessing areas.

Comment

How is the ATT cell signal out there?

Comment

Cell service for Verizon and ATT was good.

Comment

good deal. I normally use an app on my phone instead of a GPS. Good to know I don't need to make an extra purchase.

Comment

Got any more pics?

Comment

What is the terrain/brush like at the bases of the canyons and in the lake bottom. is it walkable or too thick? is the best way to get around out here just skirting the ridges? can you do this all the way around without getting into private land?

Comment

I can't speak to how thick it is this year, but even dry years it can get very thick in the creek bottoms. You can skirt the ridges in some areas, but most of the time the private property includes the back of the canyons/draws forcing you to hike down and up out of the canyon. IF it wasn't for these elevation gain/loss and the energy expended, I could've gone 3-5 miles further.

I'm running and training with a weighted pack in preparation for my first archery hunt out there in October.

Comment

Gearing up for fall turkey, I could use some hints.

Haven't been to the crossing since mid-July yet, it was a muddy buggy mess. Way more so than when a friend and I floated 4 miles down river only to find out how hard fighting a chest to waist high river was. Ha! Dunno how to cross it and get to my spots. Maybe it's dried up and gone down some, a boat is a brilliant idea. I haven't been to where the Lake meets the river yet. BTW the crossing is only open to vehicles the last 2 weeks of Rifle Season.

Comment

Originally posted by TRexFace View Post
                            Gearing up for fall turkey, I could use some hints.

Haven't been to the crossing since mid-July yet, it was a muddy buggy mess. Way more so than when a friend and I floated 4 miles down river only to find out how hard fighting a chest to waist high river was. Ha! Dunno how to cross it and get to my spots. Maybe it's dried up and gone down some, a boat is a brilliant idea. I haven't been to where the Lake meets the river yet. BTW the crossing is only open to vehicles the last 2 weeks of Rifle Season.

My only hint is don't hunt fall turkeys lol. That's a spring time hobby

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJ View Post
                              Got any more pics?
                              There's a big Heron in one of the pics
                              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like TRexFace.

Comment

Working...
                              X