Pigs in Davy Crockett/Angelina NF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs in Davy Crockett/Angelina NF?

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Lufkin area and this was my first season that I actually hunted the forests... Anyone able to give me some ideas on where to look for pigs and maybe some tactics to find them? I'm used to hunting at night for them and according to everything I've been able to find, you aren't allowed to do that on public lands. I do have the APH permit, so any public lands around here are fair game. Thanks

Best pig sign I've found is land that borders private property when they have feeders going. Usually bottom land. But in years and year of hunting dcnf I've never laid eyes on one but they are there.

Comment

Best place for pigs on public land is alazan bayou wma. alot of pigs in there and after duck season you are allowed to bait. the anglelina rivers border on the south its west border is the SFA experimental forest which is also a part of anglina national forest.

Comment

Hog doggers tear em up in the DCNF. Any major creek drainage has hogs. I have never seen anything that makes it illegal to hunt at night either.

Comment

dcnf has pigs we just killed one a couple weeks ago but they re hit or miss

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Hog doggers tear em up in the DCNF. Any major creek drainage has hogs. I have never seen anything that makes it illegal to hunt at night either.
            In the General forest you are correct, you can use dogs and hunt hogs at night. Inside a WMA, you can't do either one.

Comment

Really? I was under the impression that you couldn't hunt hogs at night in the general forest either

Comment

Lots of questions answered here:

www.fs.usda.gov › stelprdb5426745

Edit.
                That link isn't taking you to the frequently asked questions document that I was trying to get yall to. I will have to try again on the home computer later. I'm in a tree right now.
                Last edited by TMiddleton; 01-17-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by howie1968 View Post
                  Best place for pigs on public land is alazan bayou wma. alot of pigs in there and after duck season you are allowed to bait. the anglelina rivers border on the south its west border is the SFA experimental forest which is also a part of anglina national forest.
                  shhhh don't tell anyone about Alazan! There are no hogs there. lol

Comment

Big slough wilderness has tons of hogs as well and alabama creek. Head down holly bluff towards the river

Comment

Working...
                    X