Pulled Over by Game Warden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Over by Game Warden

How many of ya ll have been pulled over by a gamewarden on a highway??

Last night I was leaving a ranch close to town where I shot a hog.. Little did i know i had some blood on my back bumper that became the reason i was pulled over.. My truck pretty much was flipped inside out! He went thru everything toolbox, gun cases, center console and all.. I felt as if i was a felon and I did something incredibly wrong! I answered all questions asked which were about a million and one questions.. I just did nt understand it and still this morning i am clueless as to why it went as far as it did.. A simple you been hunting?? what you kill? where is it at? hunting license? okay have a nice day would ve been the normally to me! ( I figured) but NOPE it was polar opposite! Where you coming from? you been drinking? what did you kill? you have license for that pistol? Whats in the icechest? what about the other icechest? Whats in your toolbox? Show me was his reply to everything. Let me see your guns open your gun cases... I mean on and on!! I left feeling like I had done something wrong!!! Definatly was nt this ole boys night!! Mind you it was on 630 PM yesterday as well!! haha

Absolutely brutal.... I would of been super upset and had some choice words for this guy.

Comment

Dang. That's a little odd I would think. What county were you in?

Comment

Does seem a bit much.

Young guy or?

Comment

Sorry that happened to you. Sounds like it went a bit too far. Did you get his name? I'd call the department and speak to his boss, ask if that's normal and why it went the way it did.....

Comment

Nueces ..

I was beyond upset but did not show it at all. I did nothing more than answer all questions and thats it no other talking.. Never had that experiance in my life and I have delt with them alot on the water.

Comment

I left feeling like I had done something wrong!
              lol oh you would definitely know if you did something wrong

Comment

I would be calling somebody.

Comment

They can come into your house if they suspect you have taken his Majesty's game illegally.

Comment

Maybe there had been reports of poaching or theft in the area and he was just being thorough at doing his job?

Comment

Call the regional office and ask to speak to the regional director and offer your side of the story.

I mean I get it. Shortly after season, lots of poachers out still taking deer. Hog is probably the common excuse. But it seems a bit over the top.

Was it a young officer?

Comment

Maybe something’s been going on in the area?

But a simple "I'm sorry for the interrogation but we've been having a big poaching problem around here" at the end of the stop would have been nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
                          Maybe there had been reports of poaching or theft in the area and he was just being thorough at doing his job?
                          No sir I left the ranch gate and i was on the highway for a good 5 minutes. He passed me and then slowed down behind me and lit me up.

Comment

Looking for drugs.

Comment

Your 4th amendment rights don't cease to exist simply because you legally took a non game animal. Tell him to get a warrant next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X