Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Igloo Cooler

When I saw the cooler I thought it was a Yeti

Nice, have not seen that one before. How much and where?

Comment

I believe they are cheaper but just as strong. Still too rich for my blood, though. I'm okay with paying an extra $1.99 for another 20 lbs of ice.

Comment

I believe they were designed to compete with the Yeti. Less expensive though

Comment

$199 at Sam's Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
            $199 at Sam's Club.
            Do you know what size?

Comment

Did you know? $199.99 worth of Ice at $1.99 per 20lbs is a grand total of 2,010 lbs of ice.

Comment

Never mind. I found it. 55 qt.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                  Did you know? $199.99 worth of Ice at $1.99 per 20lbs is a grand total of 2,010 lbs of ice.
                  unless you are finding them with roadrash the way i do most of mine, the replacement will cut into that 2 hundo somewhat.

Comment

Last edited by PapaBear; 10-22-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I don't think that's always the purpose of someone buying a yeti or yeti-like cooler.. I spend several days away from civilization when I'm hunting.. No where can I purchase ice.. However, my yeti holds it much longer than the conventional cooler. If I shoot a deer the first day, I can expect to keep it on ice for the next 5 until I leave.. You can't do that with your old fashioned coolers. Likewise, you can store dry ice in them and extend the cooling time ten-fold. Again, you can't do that with your old fashioned coolers.

Some people buy them to carry beer which then your point is valid.. However, for people who use it like I do, the argument is invalid and I would assume most hunters/fishermen who use it for its intended purpose would agree with me...
                      Last edited by HoustonHunter; 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

New Igloo Cooler

For your reason a yeti is practical. For my reason it is not. that is why my tbh cooler works great not to mention it holds ice pretty well.

Comment

For your reason a yeti is practical. For my reason it is not. that is why my tbh cooler works great not to mention it holds ice pretty well.
                          I just don't see how your post added value to the thread.. You don't know the intended purpose of any purchaser.

Comment

Figure in the cost of replacing a cooler every 6 month because the junky hinges or latches broke.

The Igloo sportsman is good. If it and a Yeti were the same price I would still buy the Igloo. The handles are better, the latches are better and the drain is better.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                              I don't think that's always the purpose of someone buying a yeti or yeti-like cooler.. I spend several days away from civilization when I'm hunting.. No where can I purchase ice.. However, my yeti holds it much longer than the conventional cooler. If I shoot a deer the first day, I can expect to keep it on ice for the next 5 until I leave.. You can't do that with your old fashioned coolers. Likewise, you can store dry ice in them and extend the cooling time ten-fold. Again, you can't do that with your old fashioned coolers.

Some people buy them to carry beer which then your point is valid.. However, for people who use it like I do, the argument is invalid and I would assume most hunters/fishermen who use it for its intended purpose would agree with me...
                              Sure you can, do it all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X