October 19th drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 19th drawings

Anyone know when the late hog/javelina/exotic hunts are going to be drawn?

That's a good question .

Comment

Should be soon. I just checked my preference points, and they haven't changed for those drawings yet. It was AWESOME to hear that lady say that I had zero preference points for the Guided Bighorn Sheep Hunt package though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Should be soon. I just checked my preference points, and they haven't changed for those drawings yet. It was AWESOME to hear that lady say that I had zero preference points for the Guided Bighorn Sheep Hunt package though.
        That is incredible. Will they let you bowhunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
          That is incredible. Will they let you bowhunt?
          No, it's .243 or larger rifle only. I wouldn't take anything other than a rifle on a once-in-a-lifetime bighorn sheep hunt anyway.

Comment

No, it's .243 or larger rifle only. I wouldn't take anything other than a rifle on a once-in-a-lifetime bighorn sheep hunt anyway.
            That's what I figured. They're pretty strict on those rules.

I figure if I ever win won of my dream hunts, like an Idaho Mt. Goat or something, I'd give it a shot with my bow for a while and if it didn't work out I'd break out the 7mm

Comment

Be thankful I didn't mail that one in this year.

So far my daughter and I have struck out. Waiting on these last few hunts. First year since 08 that I haven't drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                Be thankful I didn't mail that one in this year.

So far my daughter and I have struck out. Waiting on these last few hunts. First year since 08 that I haven't drawn.
                Thanks for not sending in your card this time, Kelsey!

This has been our year so far. We also drew the archery exotic hunt at Devil's River and the gun deer management hunt at James Daughtery. We aren't going to get to go on the Devil's River hunt though, due to my dad's health problems and my son's football game. I was counting on another preference point in that category, actually. But we messed up and drew it.

Comment

Thanks for not sending in your card this time, Kelsey!

This has been our year so far. We also drew the archery exotic hunt at Devil's River and the gun deer management hunt at James Daughtery. We aren't going to get to go on the Devil's River hunt though, due to my dad's health problems and my son's football game. I was counting on another preference point in that category, actually. But we messed up and drew it.
                  It's a shame they won't let you transfer the hunts you can't attend. I guess then people would be selling them.

I'd love to feel sorry for you (other than your dad's health problems) not being able to make the exotic hunt, but I just can't for some reason. Lol. You're such a lucky man!! A bighorn will look mighty fine shoulder mounted on your wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                    That's what I figured. They're pretty strict on those rules.

I figure if I ever win won of my dream hunts, like an Idaho Mt. Goat or something, I'd give it a shot with my bow for a while and if it didn't work out I'd break out the 7mm
                    That's what my uncle did years ago on his Idaho mountain goat hunt. Spent half of the archery season in the mountains and missed 2. Hoes back during rifle season and smokes one at 30 yards! He had given up with his bow and just wanted to shoot one by that time. Same thing happen with his Wyoming sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
                      It's a shame they won't let you transfer the hunts you can't attend. I guess then people would be selling them.

I'd love to feel sorry for you (other than your dad's health problems) not being able to make the exotic hunt, but I just can't for some reason. Lol. You're such a lucky man!! A bighorn will look mighty fine shoulder mounted on your wall.
                      I'll gladly trade all my archery exotic preference points for the bighorn hunt. Heck, I'd trade all my preference points in every category for that sucker - including my 17 PPs for gun exotic and 17 PPs for gun pronghorn.

Comment

I'm impatiently waiting...

Comment

It has to be this week right? I mean usually they draw the following week and it's been 11 days...

Comment

They must be getting ready to post results. when i called and checked results, the hunts that have not drawn yet are no longer listed on the recording.

Comment

Pref points are up on the TPWD hotline...

struck out again this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X