jalapeno pork butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jalapeno pork butt

Tried this a few weeks ago, and it was awesome! I was cooking 5 butts, and experimented with just one of them. Next time I will cook atleast half of them this way becuase it went quick.

Smoke your pork butt as you normally would. When it comes time to wrap in foil, place the butt in a foil pan. Pour a can of pickled jalapeno halves (I like the FARO brand) over the butt, juice and all. Cover with foil, and cook until 200F internal (or whatever your preferred IT is).

Be carefull when removing the pan from the pit. Depending on the size of pan used, there will be allot of juice inside!

When I pulled mine, I just mashed all the jalapeno & carrot pieces up with the pork.

When my wife cooks a pot roast she pours a jar of Pepperoncini on it and it tastes great.

Comment

Both post above sound great

Comment

Cooked some last Saturday. Mmmm.....

Pic was taken at about 150F, and I had just Placed the butts in the pan & dumped a can of Faro's in. I then covered in foil, and cooked to 200F.

When I pull them apart, I place the butts in a clean pan, and try to get as many peppers transferred with it. I dont put all the juice in, as that just makes too fatty. These 2 went into the freezer, and I'll warm these two up for a birthday party next weekend.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Palmetto; 10-16-2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I got to try this

Comment

Mark

Comment

you're making me hungry!!

Comment

Think I'm gonna give this one a try at the deer lease next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X