How to quiet Sony Handycam DCRSX63?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to quiet Sony Handycam DCRSX63?

I know there is a way to eliminate the noise when turning on. Going to investigate on web, thought I would start here.

You can turn off the audible beeps, alerts, etc. But, other than adding some kind of sound insulation on the outside of the camera, I'm not aware of any way to reduce the noise made by the camera itself.

Try to start up the camera while the animals are still far enough away or when they are making enough noises of their own so that they don't hear the camera. Find out exactly how long your camera runs on "standby" before being automatically turned off by power saver. Mine is 155 seconds. So if there's nothing happening that I want to record, but I want to keep the camera running so that it doesn't disturb animals, I count to 120, then turn the camera to record for a second, then back to standby. This resets the power saver and I begin counting to 120 again. As long as I keep doing this, I can have animals in front of me that I'm not recording without them hearing the camera startup/shutdown noises.

By the way, these flash memory cameras are very quiet compared to the tape cameras.

Comment

Working...
    X