Range Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Gear?

So are there better eyewear protection when at the range or are they all really the same? Preferences on ear muffs as well?

Cheap polycarbonate safety glasses will get the job done but they usually aren’t very comfortable. I prefer Oakley polarized shades. WileyX is a good choice as well. If you wear ear muffs, thin ear pieces on shades are good. For electronic muffs I use the Peltors. About $60 at academy. They are the more comfortable to me over the Howard Leights.

Comment

I like custom ear plugs, as I usually wear a cowboy hat at the range. Get what fits your needs. One is about as good as another in terms of protection.

Comment

Crews Law 2 safety glasses. Bought several pairs when I was working in the natural gas field. Very light and comfortable. Kids have even used them while playing soccer. Can get them for $2.75/pair.

Comment

I have two pairs of Bobster whiskey eye pro. One pair is clear and the other shaded, I have never had anything more comfortable. They are pricey but worth it. For ear pro I typically wear Peltor or Howard Leight.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by -HIC-; 09-20-2018, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I buy clear and yellow lenses for my Oakley's. I just replace the polarized lenses with the ones I want for the shooting I will be doing that day. For Earmuffs I like the MSA sordins but they are a bit on the pricey side. I have also used Walkers and find them to work fine. The sound quality is not the greatest but they get the job done and only cost $40. I would suggest getting electronic earmuffs that only compress sounds to safe levels instead of blocking things out completely. Makes it much easier to have a conversation or call out targets while others are shooting.

Comment

I have the surefire ep7’s because I don’t like how I have to adjust my cheek weld with ear muffs. I used to just use cheap foam disposables, but the $18 for the surefires was worth it. I can actually hear people without taking them out and the block more sound when the shooting starts.

For eyes I either wear my sunglasses, real glasses, or some cheap peltors

Comment

Just got another pair of the Walker's (Game Ear) glasses to replace an old pair that finally broke after many years. Gave $6 for em on amazon. Love the vermillion colored lenses for hunting and they're ANSI rated as well. They also have the set with 5 or 6 different lenses included. Dual adjustment on the ear pieces as well as UV protection and plenty comfy.

Comment

Working...
                X