Info on Denton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Denton?

So my dad just interviewed for a job with the city of Denton, and they called back saying they're writing up their offer. I'm ecstatic for him, but just wondering about details for the area. Mom doesn't work, and he's been doing his job since we moved to Ohio when he left the airforce. So he's having the same sticker shock I had about home prices as well. Just him, mom, and grandma possibly, so he's figuring they can downsize and come out to about what they pay now. Any areas they should look at specifically? Anything to know? Nearby living that might be better?

Wouldn't live in Denton but that's just me. There r some smaller towns close by that might not be as high prices. And would only be a 15 minute drive r so try Krum r ponder

Comment

My Cousin lives and teaches in Justin and they seem to really like it.

Comment

Any particular reason or just because its suburbanite (and presumably cailforniated)? That's about all I know.

Comment

Just not a city guy is all.

Comment

Dont blame you. I was really abrasive to the idea of moving to Houston but I've learned to love it because the outdoors isnt too far away.

Comment

Denton is a cool town. Great music scene. I'd look to live somewhere to the west, but not too far. Good luck.

Comment

Denton is fine but you have Justin, Krum, Ponder, Sanger, Pilot Point, Cross Roads, Aubrey, all nice places to live less than 30 min away.

Comment

My nephews father in law in one of the elected constables up there. They live in The Colony. It’s nice. If you want me to, I can ask him recommend neighborhood. If you have a budget pm me and I’ll ask him what neighborhood for specific budget.

Comment

We live 30 minutes south of Denton as others said go Anywhere but south as traffic on 35W is horrible. My wife is a Realtor and I do it part time (Primary job is LE). Would love to help a fellow TBH’R and their family find a new home. PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working in Denton I'd be looking around the Krum, Aubrey or Bolivar area

Comment

We live in Collinsville, north of Denton and a very easy drive, we really like it there. Definitely would get more for your money than in Justin, Krum or Argyle. Lot's of new houses being built and very low taxes.

Comment

Aubrey, Pilot Point, or Krum. Justin, Ponder, Little Elm, Celina, Argyle and Cross Roads are just mini cities now. Not any of the small town feel left in them.

I've lived in Denton pretty much my entire life and can say it isn't what is was when I was growing up here. It is still nice enough if you know how to avoid the Mcmillionaires crowding everything up.

North and East is where I would start looking if I were moving to Denton Proper. Older neighborhoods still have decent priced houses with bigger yards, and less of a sub division feel.

Congrats to your dad on his new venture.

Comment

We live in Krum which is 4 miles west of Denton. Krum is a great town with great schools. A lot of building happening in the area. I sit on City Council in Krum. Denton County is one of the fastest growing counties in the area

Comment

Hell no I wouldn’t live in Denton if I had a choice.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X