No announcement yet.

Best Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a Trager a month or so ago and absolutely love it. I know it doesn’t get much recognition as other brands but, it does everything I need it to and cook on it about 4-5 nights a week. I like the versatility of being able to cook a brisket or cook burgers. I’m sure at this point they are all pretty good and can’t go wrong with any of em.

Comment

off the pitboss copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
        What’s with all of the wires? Seems a bit complicated?
        It’s a thermometer set up. Monitor the pit and meat temp.
        It isn’t part of the smoker, I added it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          I'd like to keep in under $2000. Anyone have a pitts & spitts?
          Dang, you should be able to buy a couple good ones. Maybe a few modest priced ones.

Hahaha.

J

Comment

Honestly... I have a traeger and wish I would have went with a better brand. I’ve had issues with it keeping a close temp no matter the pellet type or cleanliness. Given your budget I’d go higher end.

Food still turns out awesome, but with the babysitting I’d rather have a stick smoker. Just my observations in my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just buy the Pitts and Spitts. The smaller one is $1749 and I imagine it will last over 30 years like the stick burner of theirs I have.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Isnt the pitts and spitts closer to $3500? Im considering it for my current home build Im doing. Yoder is also in the running.

The Maverick 1250 I looked at was $2199. It was a couple hundred more to add the sear plate and WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                  With that budget just get the Yoder and be done. Very heavy duty and no flimsy steel here. And did I mention it puts out some great table fare.

Pitts & sports is just as heavy if not more. Made in Houston, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Best there is!!!!!!!!!

Comment

After reading previous pellet grill threads and research I'm going to get Pitts and Spitts. Very heavy build, like yoder. 2 guys at work are getting as well after looking at them in Weatherford

Comment

I have 2 RecTec’s (big and small)
                        Extremely well built with thicker metal than all cheap ones.
                        They all function the same, they all will break eventually, had my bigger one for 5 years.
                        The reason to buy a recTec is the Warranty, you make a call and they send you parts, you need help on a Sunday and they answer the phone to trouble shoot.
                        Anything with an Electronic board and Heat in Texas is going to have an issue...
                        It’s all about the Warranty and Customer Service.

Comment

Memphis is the top of the line

Comment

Bought a Pitboss Austin XL today. I looked around at a lot of pellet grills Alan’s was about to get a PitBoss Eliptical 24, but my wife reminded me that “size does matter”. So I got the Austin WL that has 1000 sq/in of cooking surface.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yoder

Comment

I cant decide between that yoder 640 or 1500. 1500 may be overkill for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X