Trail Camera Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail Camera Repair

Does anyone in the TBH braintrust know of or ever heard of a company or person other than the manufacturer that repairs game cameras?

Every year we spend hundreds of dollars on "quality" game cameras only to have them last a year or two past the warranty period (usually a year) before they start going haywire or stop working all together. When we contact the manufacturer they tell us that they no longer repair that model and offer some small discount on a new more expensive camera that they are selling now. I've been told that they no longer have replacement parts and question whether on the anniversery of the warranty expiration do they just throw all the remaining parts away? That's kind of the way it sounds when they explain it.

I'm sure there is someone out there that will repair at a reasonable rate, broken or damaged game cameras!

What brand of cameras are you trying to get repaired?

Comment

Im going throught the same thing, i have 3 Cuddebacks messed up and I was told yesterday their repair rate is $150 plus shipping, They will replace them with the new IR's for $130. Tells me they dont want to work on them, Not sure what to do.

Comment

Buy any and all cams at Academy and when they break, take them back. Academy has all the power with the mfg.and you have none.

Comment

bowhuntertx.... they are cuddebaks. I have had very good luck with them. They are about 4 years old. I guess I'm just being a tight*** but I really liked the pics I got on these 2. I have one left that is still working fine but for how long who knows....

Jeff, I agree about Academy and have a cheepo Wildview out that is taking pretty good pics. I got it after seeing the pics from the hog farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
            Im going throught the same thing, i have 3 Cuddebacks messed up and I was told yesterday their repair rate is $150 plus shipping, They will replace them with the new IR's for $130. Tells me they dont want to work on them, Not sure what to do.
            This is exactly what Im talking about! Heck, I dont want a new IR I want my existing ones to work!!

Comment

This is why I use Stealth cams. They won't repair them, but I can get them replaced for the same model for very little cost.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                This is why I use Stealth cams. They won't repair them, but I can get them replaced for the same model for very little cost.
                The replacement cost is probably about the same as a repair cost which would make it a win/ win. Hmmmmmm gonna have to check out Stealth Cams

Comment

Working...
                X