2011 - 12 Granger WMA Postcard Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger

I hunted Granger in the early 90's and it was a blast. We camped in the primitive camping area and hunted all day. Great times....

Comment

Trey,
      Thank You and Derrick for all you do for public hunting at Grainger WMA,
      But most of all Thank You Johnny for 30 years.
      HAPPY RETIREMENT !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Trey,
        Hey this is Joe Smith nephew. I met you at church about 2 months ago.
        Are those the only 2 days there will be an orientation? I put in for a draw hunt and the dates are Oct 1-5.
        Just wondering.

Comment

That's what I understand - It's Derrick's call - that is what we are planning. TREY

Comment

OK well we will just have to make adjustments if drawn for both. Thanks

Comment

All of us who knew Johnny are sorry to see him go. He went above and beyond to take care of the area and would always help if you needed something if he was around. Many thanks for all the time you put in there over the years as well, Trey. It is much appreciated.
              Derrick is a good guy as well guys, rest assured the area is in good hands with him at the helm.

Comment

local guy here will be sending in my post card.we hunt granger all winter long for hogs and see tons of deer,sure hope we get drawn

Comment

johnny roy will be missed,i will be putting in for the postcard hunt.hopefully i will get drawned.
                  Last edited by creeping death; 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Do you need to buy the APH before you send in the post card?

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                      Do you need to buy the APH before you send in the post card?
                      no - but you will need it before orientation - trey

Comment

Okay I am new at this so me and my son are sending in for this if we get drawn I my be tring to get ahold of some of yall to help us in hunting this area. And have some good time around the camp at night.

Comment

Trey. Sent you a PM. Thanks for all the information.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                            Okay I am new at this so me and my son are sending in for this if we get drawn I my be tring to get ahold of some of yall to help us in hunting this area. And have some good time around the camp at night.
                            primitive camp is awsome

Comment

hey guys. lots of folks have said there are lots of deer at granger but the harvest numbers from last year seem quite low. Any of you who hunt here, can you give me some info?

Comment

Sent in the postcard and looking forward to possibly getting drawn. I've seen plenty of doe out there and a buck every once and awhile. Not sure why the harvest was so low last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X