No announcement yet.

Odd situation with injured 4-point on our property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state isn’t on your side and gws do what’s convenient at that point in time. I’ll never call one for one of these situations, or much of any reason for that matter.

Comment

You screwed up by shooting first and calling second.
      I had similar situation 2 weeks ago. Mile from my house on county Road I see a vehicle pulled over. Lady and daughter out concerned about a doe that had been hit and was laying on the side of the road still alive but couldn’t move. I called local G.W. on cell phone. G.W. was about 45 min away at Gus Engling. I had my pistol and was given permission to dispatch. I was a little disappointed I did initially ask about cleaning it and getting any meat that was salvageable. Couldn’t really tell what damage had happened to her but she could move so I assume broken neck or back. 30 min later the G.W. called me back after I sent a text message regarding legality of taking the deer home. Answer I got was, since Deer wasn’t legally harvested (youth weekend and still bow season), G.W. can give permit(paperwork) to clean deer and donate meat or keep it. I was already cleaned up and sitting down for dinner with my family so I marked it up to circle of life. Coyotes and buzzards are well for a couple days. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
        Years ago, I shot a buck that was caught up in a barb wire fence. I wasn’t gonna eat him, so I cut his belly open so the critters could make quick work. SSS. Sometimes doing right isn’t exactly the way the law wants it done.
        This isn't how that works...

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
          This isn't how that works...
          I don’t disagree with ya, but it’s the same principal...SSS really means do what needs to be done and move on. Maybe I should have just said shoot and shut up?

Comment

Working...
          X