Spider ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider ID

Found this guy making a good size web on my back patio. Could y'all help me ID it? Don't want to kill it if it is harmless.
    Attached Files

Spider ID

Had one of those crawl on me while I was driving the other day. About had a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We always called them Orb spiders. What I know about them is, when you are walking to your morning stand in the dark with no light, and one crawls off your cap onto the side of your face.....you will scream like a 5 year old girl and will have to wait until it gets light so you can find your bow and all of your arrows. At that point, go back to camp because everything in a 2 mile radius knows where you are. Don't know if they're harmless or not.

Comment

Spider ID

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        We always called them Orb spiders. What I know about them is, when you are walking to your morning stand in the dark with no light, and one crawls off your cap onto the side of your face.....you will scream like a 5 year old girl and will have to wait until it gets light so you can find your bow and all of your arrows. At that point, go back to camp because everything in a 2 mile radius knows where you are. Don't know if they're harmless or not.

We called these garden spiders.

And these banana spiders.

I think these two may be some version of Orb spider so I’m guessing the OP’s would fall in that category but I’m no spiderolgist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 09-04-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Harmless. But if I walk into its web and it crawls on me I'm stop drop and roll. Hate spiders

Comment

Used to shoot the banana spiders with a pellet gun back in the day!!!Don't like those either..lol

Comment

Sounds like just the encounter with these guys is more dangerous than the bite. I was thinking orb weaver as well based on some of the pictures I was comparing, if it is indeed one than it is safe, unless it crawls on my face.

Comment

Comment

No such thing as a harmless spider! You need to invest in a military grade flame thrower....immediately!

Comment

Orb spider

Back when I was a kid we hunted timber land and walking down an old logging road in the dark with a crappy flashlight you would walk into these spider's webs
                    Spider wouldn't hurt you but you might hurt yourself with the antics you pulled thinking that fat spider was likely on you somewhere

Comment

Got bit on the neck by one hunting lake aquilla once. I didn't die but it sure freaked me out

Comment

I don't know what that spider is called but I do know that they build their webs in the last daylight hour and take them down in the mornings. It is really neat to watch them.

Comment

I don't think there are any orb weavers that are dangerous to people, other than what we do to ourselves. I don't like spiders one bit and i have a dozen or so big ones on my 40 acres that i look out for. They seem to build a new web in a different spot every night and take them down after sunrise.
                          Catching a web across my face though will send me into an arachnleptic fit.

Comment

I hate all spiders
                            Have been bitten by 3 brown recluses in 3 years
                            First one was bad rotted a hole in my ribs
                            Second one not as bad
                            Third one even less problem
                            Maybe the 4th I will be immune to them
                            I’m sure time will tell

Comment

Same as snakes. Only good one is a dead one. Kill em all

Comment

Working...
                              X