New Shoes For The F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Shoes For The F150

Went with the Terra Grappler G2. Hope I like them as much as I think. Got rid of the factory Goodyear's.

Comment

I suspect you will like them. Many guys do.

Comment

I just priced some out this morning. I have the original Terra Grapplers on my truck now and they have lasted 57,000 miles so far. They have been great tires.

Comment

I run them on my Tundra. No complaints.

Comment

I just put new coopers on the tundra. got 60k out of the BFG's that came on it, but this poor boy can't afford to go back with BFG.

Comment

I love mine. BFG's have turned in to the Sony of tires. Used to be head and shoulders better than the competition. Competition has raised their game and made the price difference a deciding factor.

Comment

I had BFG on my last truck; didn't go more than 25,000. Went with Cooper Discoverer after those, but didn't have the truck long enough to see how long they would last. I've been buying Michelin for our SUVs and they have lasted a long time, but I wanted something that would allow a little more use, but still have a decent mileage warranty. I'm glad to hear that they should last a while.

Anyone notice a big change in their fuel mileage?

Comment

negative.

Comment

your going to love them!

I did notice about a 1 mpg loss with them, but It is due to being a heavier LT tire, load range E 10 ply etc

I went with LT275/70/18 which is a 31" tall setup

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
                      your going to love them!

I did notice about a 1 mpg loss with them, but It is due to being a heavier LT tire, load range E 10 ply etc

I went with LT275/70/18 which is a 31" tall setup
                      My Goodyear LT275/70r18's are 33.4". You sure about the 31"?

Comment

I currently have that model of terra grappler on my work truck. Put them on when the truck showed 40 miles on the odometer. Now the truck has >55k and I have not had an issue at all. Mostly very poor quality roads in need of major repair that are found in the oilfield.
                        IMO a good purchase that you made.

Comment

you are correct it seems they are 33.19"

LT275/70R18 E 125/122S 215200 16.1 33.19 10.98 7.0-(8.0)-8.5 3640/3305 @ 80

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                            Went with the Terra Grappler G2. Hope I like them as much as I think. Got rid of the factory Goodyear's.

Good looking tires. I have always Rollied the BFG ATs myself on my old truck. 17's. 317/70 R17. Get 70-80,000 outta them. Pricey but worth it. Had some nittos on my last truck. Didn't have them long enough to really use them but they seem good for the price. May try them again when my stock wheels get bald on my 14 f-150

Comment

I always liked the terras, ran a 325/60/20 on my ram. Running Toyo MT 35" on the jeep now and not impressed. Going back to nitto soon I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X