Looking to buy a nice 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a nice 1911

I am looking to buy a nice 1911 and wanted to throw it out here first. Prefer the commander size but the right deal on a 5" could work and not looking for something that is too fancy to throw in some leather and go to work. Thanks in advance. Also, .40 would be ideal!

Gonna have to be one of the following:

STI
    Colt
    Springfield
    Kimber
    Wilson
    Possibly Ruger but not quite sure on that one yet.

I'm happy with my STI, but always will love my old colts.... Either will be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
      I'm happy with my STI, but always will love my old colts.... Either will be a good choice.
      Yes Sir, bought a Colt Gold Cup about a year ago but the dang thing was so pretty, I sold it back to the guy. He was a heavy Colt collector and regretted selling it to me in the first place. I could tell that it bothered him..

Comment

STI is your best bet in a 40...my next rig will be a 2011 model due to all the 40 ammo I have available. I do not own a doubkle stack 1911 & this 40 will make the perfect nightstand / truck gun!!

Looking forward to picking Chris's brain next month!!

Comment

I'm following this too. Looking to pull the trigger on one in a few weeks and like the sig or sti. Sig is running that special right now on certain models

Comment

I was in the same boat last year and I went with the Sig Scorpion.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	24286154

Nothing wrong with the classics!

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                I'm following this too. Looking to pull the trigger on one in a few weeks and like the sig or sti. Sig is running that special right now on certain models
                Yeah, I don't know what it is about those Sigs, but there is just something that don't sit right. Can't make myself like em.

Comment

I have Colt, Kimber, Para, Ruger and a custom Fusion in 1911. While I really like my custom job you can't beat the Ruger and it is now out in a commander model. Best bang for the money and with a set of Pearce finger grooves on it shoots really well.

Comment

[ATTACH]598694[/ATTACH]

Love me some Colts! Nice set you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                      I have Colt, Kimber, Para, Ruger and a custom Fusion in 1911. While I really like my custom job you can't beat the Ruger and it is now out in a commander model. Best bang for the money and with a set of Pearce finger grooves on it shoots really well.
                      Love Ruger, but just started getting a bit leery when everyone and their Grandma started making 1911's like the AR's! Guess I'm just weird like that. Looking at a couple Rugers though and their price point is definitely good and very well be where I go with it for a carried ranch pistol.

Comment

100% Ruger for the money!! shoot as well as any of my Kimber/Sigs and 1/2 the money

Comment

Nice guns humper

Comment

Ed Brown .

Comment

[ATTACH]598694[/ATTACH]

Nice !!!!!!!! Kinda partial to them also, hope to have one some day.

Comment

Working...
                              X