257 STW--She's a Shooter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

257 STW--She's a Shooter!

Picked up this gun from Tom/TGridley a couple weeks ago and finally had a couple minutes to shoot earler this am. I was not crazy about the blue snakeskin stock but dont believe I will touch a thing on this gun. She is a shooter, boys. The Harris bipod will not stay as the gun is unbelievably well balanced without. Again, we have a shooter!
    Attached Files

Very nice!

Comment

I remember seeing this in the classifieds. Sweet rifle for sure. If it groups like that I wouldn't change a thing either!

Comment

Tom indicated in his last post on the sale thread that he may have seller's remorse. I hope not but I can state I certainly do not have buyer's remorse. I will not change a thing for the time being! I am sure the gun shoots better than reflected on the target as well. :-) The gun is beautifully balanced and about 3-4 pounds lighter than the .30-378s I usually tote around.
        Last edited by RR 314; 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM. Reason: .

Comment

sweet gun

Comment

A hot rod for sure! It even eats Barnes bullets, lol. How much unburned powder comes out the bore?

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
              A hot rod for sure! It even eats Barnes bullets, lol. How much unburned powder comes out the bore?
              I would have preferred another inch or two of barrel but all was pretty clean.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                I would have preferred another inch or two of barrel but all was pretty clean.
                Sweet! I eyballed that myself, but since I have Ruger #1 at Pac nor getting a .257 Roberts AI,,,,,I better not

Comment

What speed are you pushing the 100s?

Comment

Is the 257 STW the same round as the 257 Hot Tamale?

Comment

The STW is the hot tamale. Load should be around 3735 but did not chrono.

Comment

If you ever sale I have a spot for it in a safe.

Comment

The STW is the hot tamale. Load should be around 3735 but did not chrono.
                          Wow. My 257 weatherby pushes the 100 TTSX at 3400 and I thought that was fast!!!

Comment

Picked up this gun from Tom/TGridley a couple weeks ago and finally had a couple minutes to shoot earler this am. I was not crazy about the blue snakeskin stock but dont believe I will touch a thing on this gun. She is a shooter, boys. The Harris bipod will not stay as the gun is unbelievably well balanced without. Again, we have a shooter!

It actually shoot better than that, must have been the shooter.
                            All joking aside I new you would like it, I want it back now! Was that the box of loads I loaded and told you I tried the RL 22 and haven't shot them yet?

Also I would move it up and to the left a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
                              If you ever sale I have a spot for it in a safe.
                              Ha you had the chance to buy it but was to tight to say I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X