The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Beautiful spot, one of them big boys going to slip up, matter of time.

Comment

Thanks rick. No elk but a lot of talking to Dad and Father

Comment

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Thanks rick. No elk but a lot of talking to Dad and Father
            I feel ya brother, not a better place to do it at, good luck in the morning.

Comment

Son of a *****.. I had fully planned on hunting mule deer next year. But Now Im mad at the elk again.. Me and James should have an epic hunt..

Comment

Please keep me in your prayers, I high shoulder shot a monster 7x6 this afternoon in Colorado. Poor penetration and not much blood. I pray I find a dead bull in the morning. It’s been one heck of a first elk hunt for me. Truly blessed.

Comment

Best of luck Puncher. We had a guy shoot a nice bull this evening. No recovery. Searching tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Best of luck Puncher. We had a guy shoot a nice bull this evening. No recovery. Searching tomorrow.
                    Good luck to him as well! Hopefully he’s piled up close!

Comment

Hunt hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        Please keep me in your prayers, I high shoulder shot a monster 7x6 this afternoon in Colorado. Poor penetration and not much blood. I pray I find a dead bull in the morning. It’s been one heck of a first elk hunt for me. Truly blessed.
                        Good luck!

Comment

Sending good thoughts your way Puncher

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            Colorado bound !

Good luck Ronnie.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                              Any luck this morning??

Comment

Heck of a first day in WY, called two different bull elk past the same tree yesterday. First thing yesterday morning we bugled a 5x6 500 yards to us and I freak’n missed him at 27 yards with my longbow. It was something out of a primos video. Bugling and chuckling at us the whole way. Can’t believe I screwed it up.

That evening I called in a 5x4 for my buddy past the same tree and he hammered him. Left him overnight and we cleaned him and we packed him out in a couple hours straight up. The Kifaru and training paid off. Easy trip. At the meat packer and then headed back up. Y’all be safe out there, there was a guide killed two day ago up here by a grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                                X