Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
    https://youtu.be/rAzJ524Em_E

This video is after I shot my 5x5. I missed the big bull in video and the 5x5 came in at 40 yards so I shot him. After the shot they elk all came back in to tank.
    Cool video and great hunt. Where were you hunting? Post a pic of your bull

Comment

Thought I did. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, congrats my friend

Comment

Nice bull congrats

Comment

Our first morning hunting just North of Chama, NM this morning. The bulls were talking pretty good this morning and got on one nice little 6x6 that was hearding some cows and raking. Hopefully it continues to get better. My guide said this was his best hunt since he got here 8 days ago. It is HOT!

Comment

We bedded 4 bulls up on a ridge above a few wallows. We are going to try and slip and catch one hitting a wallow this evening.

Comment

Here...

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                  Our first morning hunting just North of Chama, NM this morning. The bulls were talking pretty good this morning and got on one nice little 6x6 that was hearding some cows and raking. Hopefully it continues to get better. My guide said this was his best hunt since he got here 8 days ago. It is HOT!
                  Keep the faith, I came through there Thursday night and almost hit a 250 bull that was ghosting a heard of cows. The rut is coming....

Last week north of you in 78, I called a hunter, two cows, a dink bull(questionable legal) and a lion, that was 7 days of hunting.

It’s coming, any day now, keep the faith

Comment

Looks like an awesome spot Bobby, phone service is good keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      Keep the faith, I came through there Thursday night and almost hit a 250 bull that was ghosting a heard of cows. The rut is coming....

Last week north of you in 78, I called a hunter, two cows, a dink bull(questionable legal) and a lion, that was 7 days of hunting.

It’s coming, any day now, keep the faith
                      Thanks for the encouraging words! As I am sitting here waiting to go out the bulls are going absolutely nuts and have been since 9:30 last night when we got in bed. The switch in Northern New Mexico has been flipped and the rut is on! With the moon getting more full I’m praying they don’t go completely nocturnal.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                        Thanks for the encouraging words! As I am sitting here waiting to go out the bulls are going absolutely nuts and have been since 9:30 last night when we got in bed. The switch in Northern New Mexico has been flipped and the rut is on! With the moon getting more full I’m praying they don’t go completely nocturnal.
                        Think I had two bugles in 7 days, that’s over 60 Miles. First for me in awhile.

No such thing as completely nocturnal, just means they bed quicker but get more restless earlier.

Good luck, look forward to some great pics of a dandy bull!!

Comment

Griz kills guide in the Tetons. What I read his gun was on his pack while field dressing the elk and the bears came in fast before he could reach for it. Lesson- gun on your person 100% of time.

JACKSON HOLE, WYO – UPDATE: (3:38pm): Mark Uptain’s body has been found. We regret to inform that he has passed away. Our deepest condolences to his family and friends. Two hunters were involved in a bear attack Friday, September 14, in the Teton Wilderness while field dressing an elk near Terrace Mountain, approximately 5.8 miles […]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got back from my first western/elk/out of state hunt and had an absolute blast. 9 days hunting in South Central Colorado. We really didn’t know what we were doing the first 3 days but things quickly started to line up. We chose 3 main canyons over 9 days and found elk in every one. First bull we talked to just a little. The second bull we cow called our way in, thought we were within 100 yards and bugled over the top of him. Found out we were probably 350 yards still, and he bugled his way out of there with his cows. 3rd bull we should have really killed, located him in his bed and got busted moving in the last 80 yards after side hilling an entire bowl. Not bad for our first time elk hunting! We did 48 miles in 9 days and over 20k ft of elevation climb. All of our elk activity was between 10300 and 11300. I still have a chance for a TX elk but I can’t wait for next year!
                            Last edited by Patton; 09-16-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Glad y’all had a great trip. Just seeing and talking to em is a blast!

-------------------------------
                              Violence never settles anything
                              -Genghis Kahn

Comment

We were working 3 bulls in a 700 acre ranch to his morning. Me and Bullydog split up. I was waiting on big boy to make a move but he eventually lost interest. Two satellite bulls came in behind Chris and got his wind. Saw two cows walking out. Tried to glass for muleys on a few different ranches but only saw does.

We are back at it. I'm sweating in a pop-up overlooking a meadow and spring where the elk came from this morning. Bullydog is on a waterhole that has a ton of fresh elk, muley, and bear sign.
                                Last edited by Chew; 09-16-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X