No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Chew. I start myself this evening in southern Alberta !

Heavenly Father,

May You bless our bodies to be strong to carry us up the mountain and do what might be required of it but may we be always found stronger in Spirit that we might always do what is right.

May our eyes be keen, that we may spot our quarry before it spots us but may our eye be single to Thy Glory and quickly recognize the beauty of Thy Creation.

May our ears catch even the faintest of bugles, that we might have a bull to hunt but please let our ears forever be tuned to Thy Voice so that we might understand Thy Will.

Let our aim be true but let our purpose be found in Thee.

Help us to follow the blood trail to a successful end but more importantly, Father, help us to stay in Thy Path.

Keep us safe from all harm and hurt of body but no matter what trial or terror should assail us, help us to truly know that we are held within Your Hand and carried upon the shoulder of our Savior, even Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
      Good luck Chew. I start myself this evening in southern Alberta !

Heavenly Father,

May You bless our bodies to be strong to carry us up the mountain and do what might be required of it but may we be always found stronger in Spirit that we might always do what is right.

May our eyes be keen, that we may spot our quarry before it spots us but may our eye be single to Thy Glory and quickly recognize the beauty of Thy Creation.

May our ears catch even the faintest of bugles, that we might have a bull to hunt but please let our ears forever be tuned to Thy Voice so that we might understand Thy Will.

Let our aim be true but let our purpose be found in Thee.

Help us to follow the blood trail to a successful end but more importantly, Father, help us to stay in Thy Path.

Keep us safe from all harm and hurt of body but no matter what trial or terror should assail us, help us to truly know that we are held within Your Hand and carried upon the shoulder of our Savior, even Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Amen Gary! Good luck to you! You too Chew!

Comment

Good luck Chew, Tilden, Gary, and any others I may have missed!

Gary that prayer is incredible.

Comment

Thanks everybody and good luck Gary and crew. Awesome prayer.

Comment

I board the metal bird early in the morning for Jackson Hole. Will be on horses tomorrow afternoon hitting the mountain.

Comment

Colorado bound !

Comment

Good luck. Headed there in the morning

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Those passing through US550 and I-25 area hollar at me and I might be able to help you find a quick Burrito for the road. And if you need a sack of the finest green chile you can get to take home I can help you with that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    Those passing through US550 and I-25 area hollar at me and I might be able to help you find a quick Burrito for the road. And if you need a sack of the finest green chile you can get to take home I can help you with that as well.

Hopefully we’ll be turning on to 550 Sunday evening around 5pm Sunday. I could use some chiles fo sure!

Comment

At the motel in Santa Rosa. Should be there n camp in 4 hours

Comment

Good luck and safe travels.
                        That green igloo doesn't look like it will hold ice too long!

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                          Good luck and safe travels.
                          That green igloo doesn't look like it will hold ice too long!
                          It has a block target inside

Comment

Good luck Chew and crew. Be safe and try to refrain from taking off your drawers and throwing them on the ground in camp. Some roommates frown on that. Others....not so much. [emoji23]

Comment

The Elk Thread

Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apology.

Last weekend workout, leave Thursday.
                              5th stair climb of 232 steps with 30# elk pack. View over south San Jose.

Swig for CM.

Comment

This video is after I shot my 5x5. I missed the big bull in video and the 5x5 came in at 40 yards so I shot him. After the shot they elk all came back in to tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X