Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
    What happened?
    Long story concerning a job and selling my house.... Once everything settles, I'll post the saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghillie up View Post
      Drove 14hrs last night got to antonito colorado just waiting until 8am then 24 miles to m hunting ground...!
      Where you going, Plutoro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Elk hunting is hard..... good luck from Montana

Comment

Make your shot count when you get the opportunity, good luck!

Comment

We’re in 75 and 751 and we haven’t heard nor seen hide nor hair ..

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Same here. Next year will be my first year going. Already ready to get up in the mountains somewhere
                I tell everyone that plans to hunt out west. Be ready. You will be ruined for hunting Texas whitetail over a feeder. I went to Colorado and then Wyoming. This is the first year I'm hunting whitetail in Texas since 2009. And that's only because my daughter and son have decided to hunt them. It's also the first year I've picked up a bow in twenty years. Now I'm pumped to go back to Colorado and Wyoming with a bow. There are three natural sounds that peirce me to the bone. An enexpected gobble from 10 yards behind you, the sound of a thousand geese circling just overhead, and a lone elk bugle at first light on a cold foggy morning.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    I tell everyone that plans to hunt out west. Be ready. You will be ruined for hunting Texas whitetail over a feeder. I went to Colorado and then Wyoming. This is the first year I'm hunting whitetail in Texas since 2009. And that's only because my daughter and son have decided to hunt them. It's also the first year I've picked up a bow in twenty years. Now I'm pumped to go back to Colorado and Wyoming with a bow. There are three natural sounds that peirce me to the bone. An enexpected gobble from 10 yards behind you, the sound of a thousand geese circling just overhead, and a lone elk bugle at first light on a cold foggy morning.
                    I have heard that. But I am not one to sit over feeders. I hunt them but spend a lot time hunting signs and trails when I can. I like to get out and stalk in the brush of possible. I’m just ready to hunt outside of Texas and chase big game.

Comment

^All Day, Year, and Life^

BINGO

Events to mgmt hunts, clean-ups and pigs over feeders spells NAP. (yawn)

Comment

Taking 2 new muley and elk hunters to Unit 23 the 1st week of Nov.

Been hunting bunk bed feeder style their whole life. I think one is nearly prepared for what we are dealing with up there. Still...

They have no idea.

Comment

Sorry never got back to update and had zero service there.. got into a ton of elk had 5 bulls within 50yds and several cows just couldnt close the deal.. had a 5x5 at 24 yds i could have smoked but i was 5.1 miles from the truck with 1 day left just wasnt feasible for me to try and pack out alone.. great experience and i will be back

Comment

You hit that on the head!

Comment

Get em!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghillie up View Post
                                Sorry never got back to update and had zero service there.. got into a ton of elk had 5 bulls within 50yds and several cows just couldnt close the deal.. had a 5x5 at 24 yds i could have smoked but i was 5.1 miles from the truck with 1 day left just wasnt feasible for me to try and pack out alone.. great experience and i will be back
                                COngrats on the encounters. We got a small bull on the last 30 mins of my hunt and stayed up until 5 am getting him processed and back home. It ain't easy, but neither is eating tag soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X