No announcement yet.

Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was dragging my feet and put the feeders out a couple weeks ago. Had a hummingbird there within a few minutes. Only been seeing singles show up at the feeder (no clue if it's the same bird or diffrent birds).

This is in Caddo Mills (hunt county).

Comment

Had the coolest thing happen today! A buddy and I were out shooting in my front yard. He had bright red feathers. As soon as his first arrow hit the target a hummingbird flew right up to it and started trying to suck nectar out of it. It was pretty neat!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just saw one yesterday, The Colony TX

Comment

I've had a few around the feeders for the past couple of weeks.

Comment

They drink two quarts of sugar water on my front porch every day.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

What mixture/ratio of sugar to water attracts the most hummingbirds?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                What mixture/ratio of sugar to water attracts the most hummingbirds?
                4:1 water to sugar, bring it to a boil.

Comment

We’ve had a pair nest here all Summer, I think they had one chic, as we’ve been seeing three the last few weeks. Last night I think two more have showed up. They usually start arriving each year around August 15th. Fun to watch them chase each other.

Comment

We have them. They fly between our house and one other. Back and forth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Started out earlier this year with several, with the heat and drought the numbers went down through the summer, getting about time for them to start heading back the other way.

Comment

When should you pull the feeders?

First year we put one up and don't want to disrupt their migration. We have really enjoyed watching them. Neat birds

Comment

Looks like you can leave them up.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                            When should you pull the feeders?

First year we put one up and don't want to disrupt their migration. We have really enjoyed watching them. Neat birds
                            Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                            We leave ours up as long as there are birds around. I wouldn’t think one or two feeders would alter their migration. Like I said, we had a nesting pair here all Summer, been fun watching them when I’m home.

Comment

We had about 8-10 of them show up in the last week, a week or two earlier than normal.

Anyone else seeing them?

Comment

Saw our first one yesterday! Agreed, a couple weeks early here too.

Comment

Working...
                                X