Dad wants a new hunting suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad wants a new hunting suit

What’s the best for cold gear. Not snowing cold but below 40 above 20. Mountain gear. In case we go elk hunting to normal gear. I was looking at Sitka but just too many options. Any advice? Thx

If you want mountain gear then it's not a "suit" but an entire layering system. Unfortunately for the temps you are looking at my personal experience (get cold easy) mobile elk hunting kit is far different from my stand hunting gear.

Below 40 stand temps I jump into Day One Camo wool bibs and pullover. Sitka Incinerator or Fanatic system would also work for these temps.

Below 40 to 20 elk hunts I wear KUIU attack pants and a base layer top and bottom. Also wear Ultra merino 210 top with a Peleton 240 jacket. If cold enough I throw on a down vest. Carry a down jacket and pant in my pack for when stopping to glass.

Comment

The fanatic lite series if your moving quite a bit would be nice with the right next to skin and Mid layer. I am like “ Ohio Darren “ i dont use the attack pants on cold hunts, i use the kuiu guide with zip off bottoms under neath, the 210 is a bit to warm for me moving so a lighter merino under my guide jacket does the trick, alway have a puffy in the pack for sitting and glassing and of coarse rain gear. I also get cold easy but if I’m moving i shed gear to prevent sweat.

Good luck op, lots and lots of great options....

Comment

Merino wool and won't cost you an arm and a leg. You going to dress in layers anyways

Comment

Kuiu

Comment

Sitka all day long, that have options to cover all your needs.

Comment

Cabela's winshear Coat and bibs

Comment

Check out skre. They have good customer service.

Comment

Working...
                X