No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yessir...I need some help up here!!!lol so many Crappie in this lake!

Comment

Yep. Prob same hat! I bought this one at Lowe's In the garden section for 10 bucks...great for fishing..mine has a few holes from the straw breaking too...

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
        Yessir...I need some help up here!!!lol so many Crappie in this lake!
        PM me a good spot I never have luck there besides being lucky not to hit a stump.

Comment

Hard to beat a $10 straw hat. I've worn out a number of them over the years. One I have now has lasted several years. But it's pretty raggedy . Doubles as a yard-work hat too, when on the mower. I've got to help keep the sun off my face/head. Already had the "C" cut out and removed a couple times.

Comment

Today was a beating!!! Swung for the fence all day and struck out. Caught 10 keepers. One decent crappie. 8.36 pounds and 54th place. Coulda beat some brush and maybe had 10-10.5 pounds but that wouldn't of done anything either. 14.37 won with a big fish of 3.30. I didn't see it but heard it was a black crappie! I was more focused on not breaking fhe trolling motor off than fishing today. Need to go to Palestine and load the cooler to make up for this beating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the up-date Slew. Been wonder-n all day how yall did. 3.3 is a beast!

Comment

Comment

At least yall got 7 weigh-able fish in the boat. Tough day with the winds we had, and a crippled troller.

Comment

Crappie fix

Been tearing them up at Granger, 15 to 20 each time in shallow water like Chief said, even found one of his spots Going back out this evening to try get some more before this rain comes. Last time we were in them the rain messed up our spot, took a few days to find them again.

Chief I sent you a PM, call me if your heading out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

I see where Wally is doing good. He was 1 year ahead of me in school and my older brothers friend.

Comment

He had a sack of hammers!! That 3.30 kept him from winning. He weighted in behind us and Jackie Albin in front of us!! Really made our fish look small! Weight in woulda ended 30 minutes sooner if we all didn't get an infomercial about his second place finish!

Comment

Granger

Had someone in one of my spots today Luckily I think it's one of those Texas Water snakes Ended up going to another place I think I ended up with a dozen.

To you bank fisherman's, watch out for those snakes! this one must of heard me coming and he did not look happy
                          Attached Files

Comment

We had a great time on Rayburn last week. Weather was great and the fish were biting. Side note if anyone is in the market for a new TM don't let the Ultrex price scare you, it is worth every dime. Friday was slick calm but with the wind other days we never would have held the boat in place to stay on the fish as good.
                            Attached Files

Comment

All tied up to deliver some damage tomorrow afternoon! Gonna work till lunch then sling slabs in the new Rtic!! Need some payback after this weekend!! I feel sorry for any small fish that hits my jig. He's gonna go flying!!! I got some mad to get out my system!!!![emoji2]

Comment

Great pics and reports fellers! And good luck to ya tomorrow Slew. With the wind report that I'm expecting, I might get out there in my "tin can" too. Prob be after lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X