No announcement yet.

Bob and Zack Sarrels launching a recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to assure everyone. No good recurves we're hurt during the making of this video. That was an unsalvagable bow I got part of the way thru several years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
      Just want to assure everyone. No good recurves we're hurt during the making of this video. That was an unsalvagable bow I got part of the way thru several years ago
      Dang and I thought we were gonna get to rat you out to the SPCAE.

Society for the Prevention to Cruelity to Archery Equipment.

Comment

I've got three thumbs down on this video so far and no thumbs up. Maybe I should've put a disclaimer on it. Some people probably think Zack is destroying a perfectly good bow. Or maybe they're just being a stick-in-the-mud.

Comment

There. I put a disclaimer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
            I've got three thumbs down on this video so far and no thumbs up. Maybe I should've put a disclaimer on it. Some people probably think Zack is destroying a perfectly good bow. Or maybe they're just being a stick-in-the-mud.
            I counted at least 8 thumbs up. The rest was sarcasm. I don't think anyone believes that a bowyer is destroying his product. It was all in fun. There is not a person on here that does not like Zack or Bob.

Now if you want to see bow abuse on an assembly line there is a video by Black Widow where they take a recurve and stand on the limb tip until the recurve section is straight. Then they bend the entire limb back until it is almost a circle. Watching that was so scary I backed away from the TV set.

Ever watch a Fred Bear video? He uses his bow as a walking stick to cross rocky bottomed streams and then tosses his bow up on the bank before he climbs out.

Gotta do product testing.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
              I counted at least 8 thumbs up. The rest was sarcasm. I don't think anyone believes that a bowyer is destroying his product. It was all in fun. There is not a person on here that does not like Zack or Bob.
              I meant I had 3 thumbs down on YouTube.

Ever watch a Fred Bear video? He uses his bow as a walking stick. . .
              Egads!

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                I meant I had 3 thumbs down on YouTube.

Egads!
                Well that's just the difference in the quality of people that hang out on youtube and the Green Screen.

Comment

!!!!!!! There ya go Mr. Harper, and I did think the video was cool, just unexpected. I always did wonder if they ever tested bows for durability.

Comment

I vote for wrestling a shorter string on next time so you get more limb load.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                      !!!!!!! There ya go Mr. Harper, and I did think the video was cool, just unexpected. I always did wonder if they ever tested bows for durability.
                      Much better. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                        I vote for wrestling a shorter string on next time so you get more limb load.
                        I like the way you think!

Bisch

Comment

I always like what Bob and Zachary are up to.

Comment

Working...
                          X