1984 C10 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 C10 Project

Might as well get this started. Made a deal on square body last night. 5.3 LS swap with a cam of some sort. Drives well, needs some finishing touches to be perfect. Door hinge pins and adjustment, Window tracks, clean up some wiring, reconnect power windows etc. guy got it back from the body shop and didnt really touch it. Really hard and really pricey stuff is done. I would call it 98% but realistically 95% because it will never be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice toy. I like the digital gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
      Nice toy. I like the digital gauges.

Thanks. They are nice looking. Intellitronix not Dakota though. I need to try and tweak them a bit. Temp isnt working. Hoping I can make them work for a while. Auto meter cluster is a mile down the list.

Comment

Nice. I had an 02 single cab with the 5.3. Just a few mods like intake, exhaust, reprogrammer. It would get down the road pretty good.

Comment

Glad you found a truck! Looks like it was worth the wait and the searching.

Comment

Dang that is nice!

Comment

You aren't by chance up around the Cypress area near Grant Rd are you, I saw a very similar truck up in that area just the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobp View Post
                You aren't by chance up around the Cypress area near Grant Rd are you, I saw a very similar truck up in that area just the other day.

Wasn't me, but I'm in that area sometimes. Truck went straight into my workshop and hast come out yet. Thanks everyone I really like it. Door hinges are fighting me. Spent a few hours yesterday and didn't gain any ground. Not sure what to do next. Might just take it to a body shop- I need to know if something is wrong or its just me. Guy said they are new doors so definitely a chance it's out of spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  Nice. I had an 02 single cab with the 5.3. Just a few mods like intake, exhaust, reprogrammer. It would get down the road pretty good.

I had the motor in a similar truck and it was fun stock. Should be about perfect for what I want with the upgrades.

Comment

Nothing too exciting. Gathered some parts and pulled the vent windows to rebuild them. Frames for the glass are shot so have to order those. Guy I know through my aunt told me stop by he had some extra parts. Scored the billet door trim, kick panel speakers, and a new back glass for free. Nice to know nice folks.

Before shot

Glass cleaned up well enough. Re-Using what i can. I'm learning these old girls will $40 you into the poor house.

Comment

Upon further review, I don’t think the paint was touched after the truck left the booth. It doesn’t look bad- can I just cut and buff with progressively finer compounds or does it have to be wet sanded? Truck will be driven a lot so not looking for a show finish

Comment

Some destruction, some progress over the weekend. Passenger door is close to perfect and fender is back on. Driver door is usable, I’ll remount the fender this week. Door alignment is no fun. Everything moves in different directions. Oh well, it didn’t beat me. Fun stuff on the horizon and I’m ready.

Comment

No picture worthy progress. Doors are good to go, aligned and close smoothly. Door wiring has been cleaned up and switch harnesses replaced as needed. Wire nuts should never be a part of automotive wiring. Started working on the vent window rebuild last night, have a ways to go. Have all the stereo gear to install. Going basic, but should sound good. A/c and new tires/wheels are the last big areas. Still deciding on installing the drop kit.

Comment

Sweet looking truck for sure!!

Comment

Pretty cool. I always wanted to work on an older truck like this but 1. dont have the time or knowledge and 2. dont have the space to accommodate one.

Nice work sir

Comment

Working...
                              X