Rifle Range Near Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Range Near Houston

Back home we have rifle ranges that have a cinder block walking path that goes underground, behind a berm, allowing you to walk to go down range and look at your target at any time. Those targets are mounted on sort of a pin wheel, and allows you to put up or check a target at any time, and not wait for others to finish shooting.

Is there anything like that within a 2 hour ride of Houston that anyone knows of? With ASC closed, there is only one other range I know of, but it looks like it's the same set up at ASC.

Nope

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

All I know of is Hotwell's by me in Cypress, basically Barker Cypress and 290. Rifle range, pistol range and sporting clays or skeet or whatever you want to call it. Cool place. Must wait for everyone else to setup and check targets. Spotting scope at each station though so you can see where you're landing.

Comment

that is a great idea....but on the Gulf Coast it would be a swimming lane in about a week....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          that is a great idea....but on the Gulf Coast it would be a swimming lane in about a week....
          Yeah, I am willing to drive 2 or eve 3 hours to be able to shoot 100-400 yards without having to wait.

I need to just spend the money and get a spotting scope, but problem is after 5-6 shots, it isn't always clear where you hit.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            All I know of is Hotwell's by me in Cypress, basically Barker Cypress and 290. Rifle range, pistol range and sporting clays or skeet or whatever you want to call it. Cool place. Must wait for everyone else to setup and check targets. Spotting scope at each station though so you can see where you're landing.
            That's definitely a cool looking place, better bang for your buck than ASC. Just wish it went out beyond 100.

Going to try this place next time my wife wants to go. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Sorry, no range like that around here.

Comment

Haven't found anything like that since I've been here. ASC is the longest range I've found. I go to hotwells fairly often, just wish they had longer than 100yrds. They change targets every hour, be sure and get there before they go out if you want to use your own target. I always take my own spotting scope, the ones they have aren't that great.

If you're willing to drive up to 3 hours, the bullet hole in San Antonio goes out to 300 yards.

Comment

Thunder Range in Porter on FM 1314 has at least a 300 yard range, but is not the best of facilities. When it's dry enough, they'll let you drive your vehicle (pick up or ATV) down the 200/300 yard ranges.. they may go farther out than that. not sure. I just know they have a "range officer" that is about as obnoxious as they come... He looks and acts like the old swamp guys on Swamp people with the gray beards/long hair and goofy...

Comment

Shooters Station in Conroe has an indoor 100 yard range with electric target hangers. Check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                      Shooters Station in Conroe has an indoor 100 yard range with electric target hangers. Check them out.
                      Problem with that place is that it takes almost 5 minutes to move the target down range, or bring it back.

I like Blackwood Gun Club on FM 2854 in Conroe. They have 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges and on many of the lanes you can shoot all four without having to move.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        That's definitely a cool looking place, better bang for your buck than ASC. Just wish it went out beyond 100.

Going to try this place next time my wife wants to go. Thanks for the info!
                        American has a 600 yard line, but you have to qualify at 300 first it's easy

Comment

Join BASC in Crosby. They have a 300/400 and 500/600 that no one ever shoots. You can go down anytime since you will be the only one there.

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                            American has a 600 yard line, but you have to qualify at 300 first it's easy

ASC is closed due to the flooding

Comment

Currently yes, as well as bafc (archery )

Comment

Working...
                              X