Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all has taken Dave Ramsey's financial peace university?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all has taken Dave Ramsey's financial peace university?

And how has it helped you? There's a class starting in January in mount pleasant and I'm thinking of signing up. Worth the cost and time?? Thanks in advance guys

Hmmmmmm.... Following! Never heard anything about a class. We have just gone by the book.

Comment

I read the book and listened to the radio show. I got out of debt but the house years ago. I learned a bunch by reading his books and others.

Comment

The class I took sucked but only because our teacher. It was a class put in by a member of my buddy's church and honestly they had no business doing it. I'm sure if you had a good teacher it would be great. About 80% of our class quit coming about 1/2 way thru the 9 weeks.

Comment

We did the class at our church and it was great. We don't follow every bit of it to the letter, but we learned a lot. The house will be payed off soon and we'll be debt free.

Comment

We took the class at our Church. We were already debt free (except the house. We learned that we must work together on the budget.....I'm the bean counter and wife was free spirit...lol

Comment

I'd say yes, and would recommend it.

Comment

I have

Comment

We took it at our church. We followed it for a couple of years and payed everything off but the house. Unfortunately we fell off the wagon but have started snowballing everything again. It's a great class but I didn't go all in like some. It teaches you to sell your car if it's not paid for and get one you can pay cash for. If I had enough cash to pay for a dependable car then I probably wouldn't have had the need for his class !!!

But really it's a concept that works if you follow the basics and have your spouse on board too.

Comment

Went thru the class twice. Went from huge debt to debt free till I bought some land and built a house. But with our retirement income we can afford the house payments and will be leaving something for the kids to fight over after we are gone.

I am always encouraging people to get on a budget. The classes show you that you are not the only one that makes mistakes.

Comment

I read online where they ask financial questions like about financial status and income and such. Not sure I'm comfortable sharing that info. Did you guys do so and why would they want our personal information?

Comment

I took it and the info was good but very basic. I wanted to learn more in depth.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
                          I read online where they ask financial questions like about financial status and income and such. Not sure I'm comfortable sharing that info. Did you guys do so and why would they want our personal information?
                          I don't remember that part. There are videos over each section and then a group discussion. Some people shared stories and some didn't. Had guest speakers that had success with the class come talk. And everytime you successful meet a goal you can share the story.

Comment

IMO allot of the stuff is common sense. If you cant pay for it cash you dont "deserve it". dont max out your credit cards. cut them up. pay off the high interest rate ones first (if you have them). dont buy a new escalade. buy a used tahoe (cash). create a budget. write everything down. pinch pennies. etc...

its kind of funny... people are paying someone (who are coming to a class because they are having a rough financial time) to give them this advice. AND, its usually pretty educated people.

I have never looked into how much it costs.

my buddy did and I think is still doing it (he keeps having to start over). We were talking about it and he was trying to sell me on this class, and without the class I am already on step 3 or 4 I think. the having 6months to a year of "incase savings" I am lacking. its tough to save 20% of your income and not put anything on credit. (and we live pretty cheap, comparatively")
                            Last edited by Redneck Archer; 12-27-2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                              I have

What did you think of the class?

Comment

Working...
                              X