Need a suit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a suit.

I just found out my wife's boss bought us tickets to a dinner gala thing. It's a black tie event and I need to come up on a suit by tomorrow. Any ideas where to get a suit quick and without breaking the bank on it? I tried the Burlington coat factory and sears in Killeen but no luck. The few that I thought would work did not fit. Lol never thought my gym time would hinder me. But the jackets I tried on looked like I had spandex sleeves on and of I lifted my arms I felt like I was going to bust out of the suit lol. The ones that for my chest/back/arms looked like I had a dress around my lower torso/ waist. Ha I don't really have any knowledge or experience with suits. Any pointers or tips as well to help me pick one out? Thanks guys

I think black tie event means you need to go rent a tux

Comment

Typically even an inexpensive suit needs tailoring to fit a persons body but having said that
      check kohls they have a lot of jackets and pants that match but you can buy them in different sizes.

Comment

oh i missed the black tie part...

Comment

Rent what you need.

Comment

Need a suit.

If you need a tailored suit...your up a creek. I'm 6'4" 300# and have to get a 54 jacket and have them re-seamed because I have a 13" drop. Usually takes at least a week and that's paying for an expedite. Mens warehouse is the only place in Houston that had suits I could even try on....Including every store in the galleria. There's a shop in downtown Bryan I used to buy dress clothes at that has a really good selection of larger suits.

But black tie usually means a tux so you should be able to rent something. Good luck.

Comment

Come down with a case of food poisoning (wink, wink) right before the event!!

Comment

yep...you need to rent under the circumstances being black tie.

I was in the family rag biz for over a decade and there is no way to turn around a big drop / athletic fit in 24 hours without being custom fit...the rentals can help & pick a known company with a good reputation.

Comment

Black Tie= Very Formal...tux rental place...and no ruffled pink shirts either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                    Black Tie= Very Formal...tux rental place...and no ruffled pink shirts either.
                    ruffled pink shirts keep the invitations for more events far far away

Comment

Lol crap... This is not what I was hoping to see haha

Comment

If you aren't used to wearing a suit...none will feel just right.
                        I went to Joseph A Bank and got a suit this last time..they had a tailored style that wasn't so baggy. Not a skinny slim fit, b/c I'm average size...but its a slim cut athletic fit.

Comment

I would get some clarification. Is it "black tie" as in, Tux or semi-formal as in Suit?

Black Tie is fairly easy, you just need to rent a tux. The problem is that some formal wear places don't keep a lot on hand.

Comment

If its Black Tie go rent a tux. Go with a black cummerbund. Don't do the patterned bow tie/vest combo. Leave that to the high school proms.

If you ever need a suit in a pinch go to Macys.

Comment

^^^^This.......Never go wrong with classic black. Leave the colors and patterns to the kids.
                              Last edited by RogueSamurai; 11-06-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X