Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot for FUN

Does anybody shoot for fun anymore?

I do with my father, we always set up a mini 3d course at our property and mess around.

Comment

Some of us get together every month at the Stick Slingers shoot in Quitman. We shoot strictly for fun. Its a long way from Crawford. We have had as many as 6 of us shoot together we had a blast.

Comment

I used to shoot tournaments but got burnt out on all the
        Stuff that goes along with them.
        Took the fun out of it for me.

Comment

Although I am very competitive and shoot the National tournaments, I would not go to one of them if they weren't fun. So every time I shoot it is for fun. However, I also shoot at places without trying to win- like the Rinehart 100 or hunting.

Comment

I shot 3D back in the early 90's and was shooting somewhere (usually within 100mi of Tyler) every weekend. Jacksonville, Carthage, Longview, Tyler, Athens, even Edom all had clubs and then the LSBA state shoot in Jacksonville once. I had alot of fun and met alot of people. I quit shooting after about 3 yrs because my interests and priorities changed.

I started shooting the SS shoot in Quitman this year and I have had a blast. If there were more shoots on Saturdays I would probably try and make another 1 every month.

Like my cousin said, we shoot mainly for fun with no expectations of winning

Comment

Our monthly shoots here at the Archery Club of Young County, are pretty much fun shoots each month.

The ASA Qualifier last weekend was the first paying shoot that we've had.

Come out & see us at any of our monthly shoots and join in the fun!

I try to keep each month's shoot posted here within the pages of the greenscreen so that those that want to come have the opportunity & knowledge of what's going on with us.

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

I shoot for fun every time I shoot a tournament. I love to shoot no matter what the setting.

Comment

Doesnt seem like anyone in SA does.

We have tried to put together a meet up and shoot for fun, but everyone bails.

Comment

everyday..

Comment

Come on out to Huaco Bowmen... We have lots of fun

Comment

Most fun I've had to date are the Team Shoots like the one put on at the Paris Pro/Am or the Zebra Strings Team shoot. Wanna talk about a good time? Wow..it's a blast shooting that format. Wish more state and local shoots did that on top of (not in place of) the regular shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
                            Come on out to Huaco Bowmen... We have lots of fun

I know I did!
                            It beat the heck out of shooting the same 5 dot target in my back yard over and over and over and........

Comment

I just might have to.
                              It seems my buddies either want to shoot at 5 in the evening this time of year, or dont want to shoot at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X