Its time for "The Talk"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macoop View Post
    Go by the donut shop and then go buy a pack of hot dogs............Not really
    Bwhahahahahha!

Good luck with your chat! My dad told me nothing and I figured it out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      That is what I was thinking.

"Son, it's time for the talk."

"Sure dad, what do you need to know?"
      Lmao!! I guess my only advice is don't make the poor kid eat Golden Corral the same night you have "the talk" with him.

Comment

Don't do it at the dinner table, like my uncle did with my cousins. They learned absolutely nothing.

Comment

I would recommend you just go ahead and ask him what ever questions you have.......
          Most important thing you can tell him is that he needs to show respect to himself, his family and to the girl, and her family, he might be with.

Comment

Ive got a 10 year old boy and im dreading that day. I also have two younger girls. Think id rather shoot myself in the foot then talk to them about it.

Comment

I had been to third many times by 13 and stole home not long after, be prepared that he may be experimenting already.....particularly if he has had a girlfriend already.

Comment

My 9 year old has started asking questions .. Time for the wife to talk to him haha . Naa I guess it's something I have to do but I'm not looking forward to it . I think my parents gave me a book and said if you have questions just ask . They also put a bra and panties sale paper in the towel cabinet to see if I would look at it lol.

Comment

Alright, so a showing of Debbie Does Dallas in not the answer, I mean since we are in Texas and all.

I am sure he knows a lot since he spends a lot of time in his tennis academy with a lot of high school kids. I just want him to get the correct information. I am going to approach it with the ole, "Look I know you know this all ready but you can come to me for the correct information".

Besides he has two cousins in Louisiana that got pregnant at 15 and 17. We have had deep discussions on how that is not the way to go and that their lives have changed and they now will not be able to accomplish their dreams.

Comment

I had the "talk" with my dad when i was 14.. We had a father son kind of day, like go to cabelas and other hunting stores with me not knowing it was going to end up with that discussion. He got me on the ride home.. It consisted of him saying this is embarassing for both of us but it has to be done so tell me what you know. I told him and he looked at me with an odd look and said well you know more than i did at that age. Then told me what life would be like if i didnt listen to what he said.. It was a good conversation i listened and granted it hasnt been that long ago and im only turning 23 this year i havent forgotten what he told me. I look at friends that didnt get that talk, as well as friends that did and didnt care thinking dang im glad we experienced that embarrassing moment together other wise i wouldnt be where i am today im sure.. I dred the day i have my own and have to have that talk. I know that one day when i have a little one and he or she gets that age ill be having the same talk sharing the same words as my father did.

Comment

This will break the ice if he has a sense of humor.

Comment

Kids today at this age needs illustrations!!!
                        Penthouse has plenty of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wtc3 View Post
                          http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=433790

This will break the ice if he has a sense of humor.
                          Yea I remember watching Wild Kingdom or something when I was a kid and seeing two elephants mate. When that male got off her that thing hit the ground and and dust clouds rose...thats when I started having inadequacy feelings.

Comment

Don't beat around the bush, tell him what's up. I'm going to have to do the same with my grandaughther since her Dad is a DUMB A$# and I can't trust him to do the right thing.

Comment

Mom gave me my older brother and my cousin the talk in the driveway about midnight one night. I was 12, brother was 16 and cousin 15. Basically she was scared because we were some busy kids. She walked up and said if you need a wrapper I will by plenty, do you understand me. We all held our breath until she walked away. Then off we went cruising around.

Comment

Wow...13 seems a little old. I agree with most of the others that be probably knows it all by now. If that's the case just make sure what he knows is correct and be sure make him aware that he can come to you with any questions or issues.

I remember being 13 and I'm not sure my parents could tell me anything I didn't already know. My wife and I have been together since I was 14 (20 years and counting), and I dated a few others before her.

Comment

Working...
                                X