Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on ArcheryTalk too? Why so much hate from people on there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on there daily, good deals on archery equipment in classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      I think it goes back to the early days of TBH when a feeling of community was established and some, my self included didn't use screen names. When you know people personally and are not hiding behind an anonymous pseudonym it's a lot harder to be over the top and outrageous.

Then Michael and Casey among others started to enforce a set of guidelines that discouraged the kinds of things you are talking about. Michael has been very clear from the beginning this isn't a free forum and while we want everyone to participate we need everyone to follow a set of guidelines to keep things civil and friendly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Well said.. i like it.. you guys from the beginning started a culture. Though I'm fairly new (couple years), I like tbh more than any other forum I'm involved in!

Comment

There are some good folks on the crossbow side of AT, but I don't waste my time with the rest of that site.

Comment

I've never heard of it. But I think people that talk trash over the internet are probably doing so because....they're on the internet. It's hard to get slapped through a computer screen. I don't portray myself to be something I'm not or say things any differently here than I would in person. Because......what's the point in doing that? I try to contribute as much as I can. I ain't disagreed with anyone to the point that I could tell you exactly who it is to be honest. I just hope nobody sees my screen name and thinks "What's this jerk have to say today?" Because I'm not that way in real life. That's not who I am in real life so I'm not gonna be that way here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
            I am on there daily, good deals on archery equipment in classifieds
            Got my last two trad bows off there.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              I've never heard of it. But I think people that talk trash over the internet are probably doing so because....they're on the internet. It's hard to get slapped through a computer screen. I don't portray myself to be something I'm not or say things any differently here than I would in person. Because......what's the point in doing that? I try to contribute as much as I can. I ain't disagreed with anyone to the point that I could tell you exactly who it is to be honest. I just hope nobody sees my screen name and thinks "What's this jerk have to say today?" Because I'm not that way in real life. That's not who I am in real life so I'm not gonna be that way here.
              I enjoy your posts and think you'd be pretty great in person. But if you bring one of them ******* snakes you're always messing with, I'm gonna kick you in the taint so hard that you'll be scared of night crawlers for years.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I enjoy your posts and think you'd be pretty great in person. But if you bring one of them ******* snakes you're always messing with, I'm gonna kick you in the taint so hard that you'll be scared of night crawlers for years.
                I'll keep that in mind. I wouldn't even bring a bucket that a snake could be in around you. I've never been kicked in the taint but it sounds like it'd cause some serious problems down the road.LOL

That and I don't want to get kicked so hard it chips my front teeth right before I cry and have to crawl on my belly for a week.
                Last edited by okrattler; 03-22-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Archerytalk = Too many Yankees.

Next question.

Comment

Okrattler I enjoy your posts.
                    I'm curious what you look like as I have only seen so many oklahomans in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      Okrattler I enjoy your posts.
                      I'm curious what you look like as I have only seen so many oklahomans in real life.
                      I'll see if I can find a recent picture of me. I'm not sure Oklahomans want me representing what Oklahomans look like though.

They dang sure don't want people thinkin we all act like I do either. But oh well.

Comment

Well here's a pretty recent one. Here's a fun fact. There's not many pictures of me that exist for some reason or another. Probably because the only time anyone has an opportunity to take a picture of me a snake is involved. So they'd rather not.

Ok well now that I've derailed this thread with my awesome backwards hat.....I guess I'll go to sleep now.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by okrattler; 03-22-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

An American flag and a rattlesnake.
                          You can cross the river for a visit anytime sir.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                            An American flag and a rattlesnake.
                            You can cross the river for a visit anytime sir.
                            Thank you much sir. I'll give you a heads up before I head that way. Let you kinda get mentally prepared to meet me.LOL

In all seriousness there are some great people here. Haven't met anyone in person yet but maybe someday.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 03-22-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

No desire to be on the internet that much. I’ll check in here a few times a day I guess. Seems I’m on here less and less these days just lurking.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                No desire to be on the internet that much. I’ll check in here a few times a day I guess. Seems I’m on here less and less these days just lurking.

Skinny
                                Same here.

I went to Bownanza this year and had a good time. Bownanza gave me a different perspective of people on here and I aint real sure how to post on here now. Reckon a fella that just types at a screen aint got no idea how bad or good his communication skills is, when you cant see them people you talking with. In my small mind, I think there is people that post on TBH to start problems and I am purty sure they would never go to Bownanza.

Heck, most of the people I met and hung out with at Bownanza, I want to take hunting or fishing now and aint got no desire to make them mad at me.

Comment

Working...
                                X