Why I think they can never take our guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    I posted this exact thing in another thread. Lots of similar scenarios. If it gets to that point, your only option is to open fire, or hand em over. We are softer than we've ever been. A wife, a kid, a job, not being on the run, that nice house you just built, all mean more than freedom now days. A 15 yr old boy can't even shoot a 243 anymore without reduced recoil rounds. 100 yrs ago, a 10yr old was poking a 50 cal blackpowder out the window, shooting at another man. Soft, soft, soft, and only getting softer.
    Snowflakes

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
      I'd like to think they'd (whoever they is) would have a very difficult time actually confiscating guns. Talking to a family friend, though, he brought up a good point (though im not sure i completely agree. He thinks that many of the guys with a wife and kids cant afford to stand up ton confiscation. Think about it, a guy with a wife and kids choosing his guns and dying over providing for his family? Dunno what the answer is, but its a decent argument.

As for who's gonna take them, Id hope that a lot of the military wouldn't comply with that order, but i just don't know. They too have families to provide for, and i don't know that mutiny would prevail in that case. In the end it won't be cops confiscating guns, if there ever was a large confiscation.

Let's all hope it never comes to that. No matter what happens, if there is ever a mass confiscation, there will be mass casualties on both sides.
      When will y'all realize that not all military have your best interest at heart?

Don't you think some folks in the military are also in black lives matter or follow Farrakhan?
      Same for LEO

It's gonna get squirrly for real.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        When will y'all realize that not all military have your best interest at heart?

Don't you think some folks in the military are also in black lives matter or follow Farrakhan?
        Same for LEO

It's gonna get squirrly for real.
        First of all I said "I'd hope that a lot of the military wouldn't comply with that order, but i just don't know"

Second of all I'd argue that military members who support BLM or Farrakhan are in the vast minority.

Third of all, it's not "gonna" get squrriely, it "may" get squrriely. I doubt there will ever be a mass confiscation. More like a slow erosion.

Comment

Yep, great topic to toss around. Even though only 3% changed this land into a nation in 1776, I doubt this government is going to play there cards the same way 300 years later (two more generations from now). We are the longest lasting democracy in history......it is only a matter of TIME!
          Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
          The government would not go door to door in the beginning. They would just make it a felony to possess it. Then they would set a few harsh examples. The media would vilify the holdouts as lawbreakers. Most people will then stand in line to turn them in.
          That would be the case........well already the case. Slippery slope is happening NOW.
          Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Great read so far.

As far as your financial contribution to keep the system running?

It's quite apparent to me that neither party has a problem running up the debt- so I'm not too sure many of those running the show cares where the money comes from or if any comes in at all.

They can just print or borrow more as needed.

Maybe it's those (countries) who call in the debts that our grandchildren will have to worry about confiscating the guns.

I can only imagine there is a novel or two written covering this type of tinfoil hat speculation I'm throwing out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          hard but true!
          Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I don’t in my lifetime think there will be forcible door to door confiscation. I believe there are still enough patriots in this country that for now that is still a no go scenario.

They will continue to do it incrementally through regulation and taxation.

However, a large portion of the younger generation is being indoctrinated that guns are scary and the 2nd amendment is no longer needed.

I do worry for my grandchildren and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          yessir.........frog in a slow boiling pot of water. You never know it is even happening.
          Originally posted by grizzman View Post
          Death of a thousand cuts. It would be gradual over several years (like the last 50 have proven). As one generation dies out, the next only knows the new normal. After a few generations, we have no rights.

Heck, less than a hundred years ago we could buy guns by mail-order (no FFL), buy suppressors and fully automatic weapons without a background check and onerous tax.
          Shut down the thread.......the microphone just got dropped!!!
          The LEOs would try and consficate them, without a doubt imo. Maybe not this generation of cops, but the next most certainly will. Change a law, they enforce it. "Just doing my job sir". Look how many people on here think silencers should be declassified, including me. How many cops you know, that are going to let someone go, if they catch em with a silencer. The vast majority of cops, are drones imo. They will fall right in line with what the man wants, or lose their job. Society as a whole is slowly moving the other way. Unless something drastic happens, I don't see us winning the battle in the long run.
          Wow......very well said. Slow burn but burn none the less!
          Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
          I think most people talk a big game but when it came down to it and someone knocked on their door, they would let them take the guns. We live a very comfy life today. Having to give that up over a weapon isn't a choice most would want to make. The whole idea that you would go down in a blaze of glory and they would have to pry the weapon from your cold dead hands seems good, but would most really do that when the time came?

Interesting thread.
          This..........and twice on Sunday!
          Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          We have already given up our guns or severely limited ownership but we just haven't seen the outcome and probably won't for a couple more decades. The millineals and those who will be born after them. They will put the final stamp on it once they start growing into adults and running for national offices. My generation ( x) and those older me will lose power. The young are being taught and brainwashed to hate and fear guns. Look at the last month.
          This seems to be a theme with a lot of teeth to it. It is happening now and most don't notice it.....just a slow leak......

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Yep, great topic to toss around. Even though only 3% changed this land into a nation in 1776, I doubt this government is going to play there cards the same way 300 years later (two more generations from now). :

But it was the more aggressive, more idealistic, more RIGHT...3%. We've got to be closer to 50% now.

I don't take anything for granted, but I have faith in the real men of this country as well. The meek may inherit the earth, but patriotism is not for the meek, and this ain't the end of the earth.

If I have one concern, it would be what country would be the first to try to take advantage of us in a time of perceived weakness...and I don't think they (Russia) could do it, even then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I posted this exact thing in another thread. Lots of similar scenarios. If it gets to that point, your only option is to open fire, or hand em over. We are softer than we've ever been. A wife, a kid, a job, not being on the run, that nice house you just built, all mean more than freedom now days. A 15 yr old boy can't even shoot a 243 anymore without reduced recoil rounds. 100 yrs ago, a 10yr old was poking a 50 cal blackpowder out the window, shooting at another man. Soft, soft, soft, and only getting softer.
              In the very tiny chance that out of the blue one day there were thousands and thousands of UN blue helmets going door to door taking weapons, I could see people standing up and fighting back. In that case yeah I could see firefights in the streets and all the internet rambos living out their fantasies. But if they slowly and occasionally come and grab, I just don't see that happening. All you would hear about is some crazy dude getting killed in a shootout with police when they went "to serve a warrant" or something.
              Not bashing the guys saying they would stand up and would have to pry it from their cold dead fingers. I agree with the idea, But when the time comes I just don't see that happening.
              And you are right about being soft. People now have every creature comfort you could imagine. I'm sure the majority of people have never had to go months without comfort. Never had to seriously ration water. Even little things like going weeks without bathing or no electricity. And in the extreme, actually killing another human.

Comment

hell, the cops cant even get all the guns from convicted felons who they know cant be in possession. and when they do catch one, they get a slap on the *** and sent back out to do it again.

they cant confiscate all the drugs out there, just like they couldnt stop booze in prohibition.

i believe every member of this forum is smarter than the "government" as a whole. if the government came around door to door, id be surprised if they found 0ne -ten thousandth of the guns

Comment

If they REALLY wanted to come and get them, they could very easily, make no mistake about it... Door to door, house by house, 1 at a time.. You fight them, which a of bunch of use would----they kill use and guess what happens? We are dead AND they still get our guns.. Its as simple as that really. Most would probably voluntarily turns theirs in once the heat was turned up.. We are no longer a country cut from the fabric of our ancestors.

Why they, whoever "they" are at the time, would ever want to do that is for reasons that I really don't want to think about.. I just hope it never comes to that..
                  Last edited by PondPopper; 03-21-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

15+ years ago the majority of the country, including our political leaders were against gay marriage. I had a professor that said we would see gay marriage in the near future and no one believed him. He obviously was right.

I actually get the sense that the country is turning against guns the same way it shifted towards gay marriage. While I am not advocating for or against gay marriage, I think it is a good example of how quickly the political and cultural winds can shift.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some major gun control legislation in the next 10-20 years, and I think the majority of citizens will comply. Like others have said, most aren’t going to choose their guns over their family or freedom.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Look to our firearm owning neighbors in the north. They have been fighting gun registration for 20 years. That is generally the step before confiscation. Canadian long gun owners have been actively/passively resisting. I remember a news segment back around 15 years ago where they interviewed some of the gun owners, especially in the west, and they were openly passive-aggressive about it ("guns, what guns").

To go this way would be very expensive (again look at the initial estimate in Canada vs what it actually costs). As someone said, add the cost of taxpayers taken out of the revenue stream, and you may be looking at an economic collapse. Just my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                          15+ years ago the majority of the country, including our political leaders were against gay marriage. I had a professor that said we would see gay marriage in the near future and no one believed him. He obviously was right.

I actually get the sense that the country is turning against guns the same way it shifted towards gay marriage. While I am not advocating for or against gay marriage, I think it is a good example of how quickly the political and cultural winds can shift.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some major gun control legislation in the next 10-20 years, and I think the majority of citizens will comply. Like others have said, most aren’t going to choose their guns over their family or freedom.

There will come a time in this country to where only the wealthy be able to own guns. I can see a registration fee so high that the majority of Americans will not be able to afford them.

Comment

So somebody tells me to turn over guns I may or may not have and I say no ...

They're going to shoot me? They're going to take me to jail? Hold me for how long? Spend how much money going through the process in the judicial system?

How in the hell are they going to hold half the population of Texas?

Yall have been watching too many John Wayne stories and Gunsmoke. It's not going to happen.

Comment

"mine all got stolen when i got mugged in 5th ward.. they are all down in the 5th ward. If you want guns so bad..go get the guns there. Heard chicago has a **** load too...should be easy to find... they are the ones being used to shoot each other with nightly... listen for the BANG."

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Yall have been watching too many John Wayne stories and Gunsmoke. It's not going to happen.
                                No such thing as too much of the Duke or Marshall Dillon, just pointing that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X