Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hunters near the airport in Rocksprings Tx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hunters near the airport in Rocksprings Tx?

I plan to go see a property near the Rocksprings airport on hwy 55 heading towards Barksdale.. Just looking for any info for around that area like, type of game and what i can expect in size.. Thanks in advance!

If you have an extra opening on your lease let me know, sorry I'm not much help

Comment

A couple buddies own some property out that way. Thinking their place is for sale. Deer, turkey, aoudad, axis. Thought they said hardly any coyotes any more. I can find some more details when I see him next month. Pretty country that's for sure.

Comment

That 374 acre that just came up for sale? I passed it today. Nice spot.

Comment

Hunted a high fence ranch close by for oryx and axis a few times but always saw a lot of deer on that road by the airport and definitely a lot of free range axis in that area!

Comment

My best friend owns a place right there and I'm closing on a place near there in a couple of weeks. On his place lots of Axis, turkey, aoudad, occasionally elk and Sika.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
              That 374 acre that just came up for sale? I passed it today. Nice spot.
              Its a lease but wish i could own it!!

Comment

Thanks fellas, owner said the place has had hunters for years but never fed year round.. It sounds like they would feed the weekend they showed up to hunt!! He said mainly white tail and axis but he believes if i feed year round corn/protein we would see a lot more wildlife. I had high hopes for auodad but they have never seen any around the area. The southern part of the property backs up to the mountainous country so maybe if enough protein is fed they may decide to comedown to feed!

Comment

ive got a place down cr 310 near the 3rd gate. i am overrun with axis, i have more of them than hogs.

Comment

I do believe the airport and "golf course" are actually owned by same family that owns a big ranch right there. Twright here on TBH is friends with them and he has hunted that ranch for years. I have been there with him several times. Lots of good whitetail (up to 150") and a few axis scattered throughout.

Comment

Ball ranch

Comment

Working...
                      X