Time change this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    I vote for springing forward, and leaving it that way forever!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This!

Comment

X10 on the Spring forward and leave it that way. It's nice to not drive home in the dark after work and be able to do a few outside chores or whatever during the week.

With that said, it's gotten to the point where changing back an forth is kind of stupid since they extended daylight savings time back in 2005. At least before then, it didn't start until mid-April and ended mid-October; so the year was at least somewhat evenly split between Standard and Daylight savings time. Now it's like 7.5 months Daylight savings and 4.5 months Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
        I'' 2nd that, love having daylight to get things done after work. Also means weekday fishing tournaments starting soon!
        Yeah, but I heard that having daylight later contributes to droughts.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
          I like it. Lots of time for golf or hog hunting after work in the spring, and in the fall early enough after work to bowfish in the dark without having to stay up until wee hours of the morning. I am probably the only person, who likes it the way it is.
          Nope, with you 100%!!

Comment

My wife's chickens will love it!! Egg production will go up with all that extra daylight!!

Comment

Be less global warming if we didn't do daylight savings time. All the extra hour of daylight does is raise the earths temperature....and screw the deer's feeding routines up.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                My wife's chickens will love it!! Egg production will go up with all that extra daylight!!
                what if you forget to tell them? will they still lay less eggs???? Hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  Be less global warming if we didn't do daylight savings time. All the extra hour of daylight does is raise the earths temperature....and screw the deer's feeding routines up.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    LOL! See post #4.

If you have your feeders set to go off at 7A and 5P right now, they will go off at 8A and 6P after the change. I'll change feeder times after the time change cuz I like killing pigs and sheep until deer season comes around. I wish someone made a timer that automatically adjusts for the time change.

As long as its not WGI!

No they will still go off at the same time of day!
                    Except the clock and timer will be off a hour but who cares...
                    You change the time on the feeder and then change the throw time only to feed at the exact same time. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always hate having to wake up and change my clocks at 2 am

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        what if you forget to tell them? will they still lay less eggs???? Hmmmmmm
                        Them dang o' hens gotta a PLC controller in thay's house to control the lights, doors, heat and such, so thay's gonna kno...

Comment

Originally posted by bisch View Post
                          i vote for springing forward, and leaving it that way forever!

Bisch

sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                          yes!!!!

Comment

Please be patient with your deer, hogs, and exotics. This time of year is very confusing for them. They do not wear a watch or have cellphones. They are depending on you to make the proper adjustment to your feeder timer so that they can eat.

They hear the feeder go off right at daylight....but they know in their small brains that something just isn't right. Then they go back and lie down...hungry and confused.

It's not much to ask for you to drive 400 miles to the lease this weekend and change your clocks. Do it for the animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Please be patient with your deer, hogs, and exotics. This time of year is very confusing for them. They do not wear a watch or have cellphones. They are depending on you to make the proper adjustment to your feeder timer so that they can eat.

They hear the feeder go off right at daylight....but they know in their small brains that something just isn't right. Then they go back and lie down...hungry and confused.

It's not much to ask for you to drive 400 miles to the lease this weekend and change your clocks. Do it for the animals.
                              This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Dang, I have seen the deer so confused with this time changing stuff for many years. Last year I did not reset my timers and trail cams till a week later, buggered up my trail cams real bad. Matter of fact I have to wait till this Sunday to look at the pics.

And you know the deer last October was so upset they stood at the feeders shaking their heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X