POLL: Would you take this lease deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
    Drive into the gate of an operation large scale hunting ranch and right buy the ranch house to head down the ranch road to access my 40 acres that has been in the center of their ranch for years and unused.
    Just foresee possible drama with that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see the point, but like someone said, go meet with them and let them know you aren't there to shoot up the place

Comment

go for it let the ranch manger know you are in law enforcement and you should not have any problems. Let them see your agreement from land owner also so they will know
      that you have a right to be there.

Comment

How did this guy contact you? This guy probably doesn't own the land. He will ask you for some kind of fee and then take it and run. If he asks you for some money for something then its a scam. I hope I'm wrong but dont I just dont buy it. He is from new York and called someone who he doesn't even know?

Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
          How did this guy contact you? This guy probably doesn't own the land. He will ask you for some kind of fee and then take it and run. If he asks you for some money for something then its a scam. I hope I'm wrong but dont I just dont buy it. He is from new York and called someone who he doesn't even know?

Trust me.

I posted an ad in various places online looking for a lease. He has provided me with all the paperwork and I have researched it all and it all checks out down to every last detail.
          It is legit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Black Gold;13170855]Drive into the gate of an operation large scale hunting ranch and right buy the ranch house to head down the ranch road to access my 40 acres that has been in the center of their ranch for years and unused.
            Just foresee possible drama with that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTEi would try it but. . I would call that guy and get it cleared up front
            If he was an azz I would blow off the deal.

Just me.

Comment

Don’t worry, if the big ranch gets mad at you they’ll just high fence you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post

Trust me.
                I hunt a property in KS that is owned by a New Yorker.
                Very nice person, and lots less greed about deer than your typical Texas landowner.

Comment

You should always wear your uniform when on the place even when your hunting or working just to be safe

Comment

I would stop by the home of the large ranch owner first and introduce myself. If he’s a “good guy” he should welcome a LEO going through his property. If he’s a “bad guy” he’ll probably not want you anywhere around. At least that way you should know if there’s any drama on the horizon. When we used to lease in the RGV I always liked to take a bag of citrus to the landowner. We had trees on our property so it wasn’t t a big deal for me. But maybe some small token up front would be a nice gesture.

Comment

What county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If i owned the place that surrounded it and some dude was hunting 40 acres in the middle, I'd create them a 40-acre HF "paradise". Sorry, would **** me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                          Here's the deal.

Been looking for a long term lease. Was contacted by a guy who owns land in Texas, but lives in New York. He stated that a year ago he purchased 40 acres in a remote location. This piece of land is in some of the best deer country I've ever seen. It is completely surrounded on all four sides by a large ranch, but a ranch road does drive thru the property and thru the 40 acres.
                          The landowner stated that his intentions are in the future (4-6 years out) to build a small "off-the-grid" cabin on the land to use as a get-away a week or two each year. He offered to lease the land to me for 3 years if I would establish the right-of-way access thru the other ranch and use it to travel to and from the property as I feed and hunt it throughout the 3 years. All of this information has checked out at the courthouse with deeds, tax records, and location. I have been in contact with the local game warden who stated that access would not be trespassing if I used the ranch road to get to and from the 40 acres and I had a lease with the landowner.

Here's my dilemma.... I'm in law enforcement and don't want to get into beef with anyone, especially over something like hunting. I don't get many days per year to go out and when I do, I don't want drama or stress. BUT I have seen many photos of deer taken close to this place and they are true trophy quality. Much larger than anything I've ever had an opportunity at. I'm not too keen on hunting on just 40 acres, but the daydreams of what could come out are very powerful and tempting.

What would you do and why?
                          Would you take the lease? YES or NO

For some reason my option to add a poll is not here...Would an ADMIN please add a "YES" or "NO" poll?
                          If I understand correct, 40 acre ranch needs road to get in and out through big ranch? Big ranch can benefit by travel thru one road on 40 acre property? Its seems to me this is an easy sell. Do a 99 year lease for the access at the cost of 1.00 Get both parties to agree. We did that on a basic ROW with neighbors

Comment

I'm also not sure you can "establish" a ROW through the big ranch without going to court. It's certainly true that you cannot be landlocked in Texas, but the route you take to the property may not be the route the courts deem least intrusive to the large place.

Comment

I’d do it if it was close to home. Keep the hunting pressure down and you should be able to take deer regularly.

Comment

I hunted a very similar place years ago. 40 ac landlocked inside a large place. Only difference was that the LO had 2 feeders on it already and deer hunted it, and trapped hogs off it. LO was an elderly gentleman who only went once in a while, usually when he had family in who would hunt with him. The large ranch did guided hunts on something like 25k ac. There was a ranch gate on the paved road, and a 2 track that ran to his little gate. There had been a fence, but it was down more than up. I was only allowed to hunt hogs after deer season, but I saw quail hunters and guides almost every trip. They all new the old man and never gave me any grief.
                                The old man STRESSED that if I shot a hog that crossed the fence, it was gone. Period.
                                It was great, wish that ol man was still with us.
                                You should jump on it.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X