• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
    What's going on now fellas? Got kinda quiet on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep need some updates

Comment

I’m seeing same as mentioned above with no precip Sunday-Tue or Wed and lows 26-28 Monday as lowest temps. Showing rain chances pickup next Thursday at least for East Tx area. I’m planning to get out some & hunt but I don’t won’t brutal cold lol

Comment

Looking like moisture is out and frigid temps still hanging around! Never hurts to be prepared! Glad to see the ice storm has moved out! Firewood is stocked and ready for the low temp nights! Other than that I like the way the forecast is shaping out!

My app still showing freezing rain and snow later next week. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
          What's going on now fellas? Got kinda quiet on this thread

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          This has the feel of one of those where we won't know how much moisture will be provided until very late in the game, but it's gonna be butt cold either way...
          ^^^ this about sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            ^^^ this about sums it up

Dang. I don't care for the uncertainty. I got to get my wife to Austin from San Angelo the 26th for surgery the 27th. Hope the moisture holds off until late in the week.

Comment

Temps for the southern part of the sate have risen on the forecasts i have seen.

As of yesterday, Christmas in the Huntsville area was high of 41 low of 29.
              Now my phone is showing high 56 low of 45. IDK why its so hard for them to figure out with it only being 4 days out

Comment

Looks like Christmas is going to be normal for us. Week after has some cold forecasted! Hopefully it won’t happen like they’re calling it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Kinda bummed. Was really expecting snow in DFW for Christmas...I feel cheated.

Comment

Snow back in the forecast for DFW Just not for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                      Snow back in the forecast for DFW Just not for Christmas.

Of course! It always on the back end of the model runs 9-10 days out.. When it keeps staying there, you know they are having trouble with something.

Since the thread is about Christmas weather across Texas, in my opinion, the weather will be quite nice. Colder temps, but no wintry precipitation issues. I'd love to have a White Christmas, but just don't see it happening this year. That said, there could possibly be some wintry mix/snow/freezing rain type stuff up in North TX/Red River basin area tomorrow night, but looks like mostly another good soaking of rain.

Continues to be hints of cold air delivered down after Christmas, but too far out to believe anything that is being shown on the models, as run to run there is no consistency.

Y'all be safe in your travels this weekend, and have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

They de-iced I-20 in Parker County yesterday while it was almost 70°

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          They de-iced I-20 in Parker County yesterday while it was almost 70°
                          They de iced area roads in Lubbock and we have near 0% probability.

Comment

Ok guys, I think everyone has missed this one. It's supposed to be 54 for a high here today, but it was 48 at midnight and is now 33 and dropping. My weatherbug is still not caught up on this yet, and it's happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              Ok guys, I think everyone has missed this one. It's supposed to be 54 for a high here today, but it was 48 at midnight and is now 33 and dropping. My weatherbug is still not caught up on this yet, and it's happening now.
                              Where are you located?

Comment

Looks like its snowing just west of Ft. Worth currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X