Mission by Mathews: School me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission by Mathews: School me

Got a deal working on a Mission by Mathews compound bow. I'm very familiar with the Mathews name....Mission...not so much. What's the story on them? Is it a "private label" type deal...

I've been out of the game for awhile......help a brutha out please. I know opinions flow freely around here!

Mission is the Mathews bows they allow to be sold in big box stores like BassPro. Good bows and a lot of different models.

Mission is to Mathews like Diamond is to Bowtech

Comment

Danged good little bows and super quiet. The Mission Eliminator II that I got for my GF is very smooth draw cycle like a Switchback and just as forgiving.

Comment

Mission is the "starter" line of Mathews. I just took up bow hunting this summer and bought a 2016 Ballistic because I didn't want to spend a ton just starting out, but wanted something better than the really dirt cheap ones you may find. It was $500 brand new bare bow but if I had known more about them I might have got it a little cheaper. Also if I'm not mistaken it has the same lifetime warranty as Mathews.
        Last edited by jdg13; 10-03-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I have a Mission Ballistic (basically a budget Matthews Chill) I love it killed lots of animals with it. Mines fast, fairly quiet, smooth drawing, and I'm accurate out 80 with it. I wanted a new bow this year but couldn't make myself buy new being this one still shoots so good.

Comment

I shoot a mission craze. As said mission is made by Matthews. It's quiet flat and fast shooting. Got it new in 2013 and been using it since. Killed lotsa deer with it and never had a problem shooting wise. The only problem I've had with it is the grip is loose and will slip off if I'm not paying attention. I just haven't taken the time to get that part fixed. But I wouldn't think twice about buying another mission. And that's probably what I'm gonna go with again when I buy another one

Comment

I've owned 2 different missions and I got a mission craze for my fiance. I have a mathews nocam now and it kills stuff just like my mission bows did. They are great bows! They are basically the same as a mathews just without some of the bells and whistles I guess you could say. Kind of like Lexus and Toyota one cost more but they both get you where you're going just the same. I regret ever selling my eliminator ll. And they don't sell them at box stores . They can only be sold by mathews/mission dealers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot a mission venture and love it. Lifetime warranty and it kills just like the rest of them!

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                  Mission is the Mathews bows they allow to be sold in big box stores like BassPro. Good bows and a lot of different models.

Mission is to Mathews like Diamond is to Bowtech
                  I've yet to see a Mission bow sold in a big box store.

Mathews created the Mission brand for two perposes.

First, each Mission bow sold Mathews' donates a portion of the sale to support mission trips.

Second, it created a bow at a lower price point to be able to compete with folks not in the $1000 bow market.

Don't what truth there is to this, but I was told Mission will used older Mathew patterns for the bows it sales.

I was about to buy a Mission when my Dad gave me a Quest. If I hadn't gotten the Quest, I was going to pick up a Mission Venture.?

What Mission are you looking at picking up?

Sorry if you posted that info.

Comment

I have seen Mission bows for sale in BassPro in Garland, on a few trips in. They were new and in the rack with price tags so guess they were for sale.

That was several years ago and things can change. 7 years ago Cabela's sold some models of Hoyt bows

Bowtech, Mathews, PSE all have the less expensive lines of bows that often you will see older models or cams from older models of the flagship bows in the lesser cost bows a few years later.

Comment

I have seen Mission bows for sale in BassPro in Garland, on a few trips in. They were new and in the rack with price tags so guess they were for sale.

That was several years ago and things can change. 7 years ago Cabela's sold some models of Hoyt bows

Bowtech, Mathews, PSE all have the less expensive lines of bows that often you will see older models or cams from older models of the flagship bows in the lesser cost bows a few years later.
                      Kmon, I meant no disrespect.

And I do think they are good bows.

Comment

Think you are thinking of the genesis bows from mathews at bass pro. I'm in that bass pro all the time haha just ask my better half!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          I've yet to see a Mission bow sold in a big box store.

Mathews created the Mission brand for two perposes.

First, each Mission bow sold Mathews' donates a portion of the sale to support mission trips.

Second, it created a bow at a lower price point to be able to compete with folks not in the $1000 bow market.

Don't what truth there is to this, but I was told Mission will used older Mathew patterns for the bows it sales.

I was about to buy a Mission when my Dad gave me a Quest. If I hadn't gotten the Quest, I was going to pick up a Mission Venture.?

What Mission are you looking at picking up?

Sorry if you posted that info.
                          Feel compelled to say. My Dad gave me a gift card that allowed me to get my bow, so I've always said he gave me the bow.

Comment

I have been shooting a Mission Journey for 8 yrs. Ive killed many animals. 27" draw at 63lbs the arrow passes straight through every single time. Super quiet and when Im target shooting at 70lb people always want to know more about my set up because it seems so much more fast and powerful than the other shooters

Comment

I plan to shoot my Mission for atleast 10 more years. EXCELLENT hunting bow in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X