Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

More Progress at the Funny Farm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Progress at the Funny Farm...

Work indoors at the Funny Farm continues. Two of the last three weekends have found Shannon and me there – primarily finishing out the kitchen. I do not have too much of a story / write-up to offer, but I can sum it up in five words – A LOT OF HARD WORK.

On either side of the farm sink and also adjacent to the frig, we hung open shelving for the dishes, glasses and some commonly used cookware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7469.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	25122070

We also finished all the drawer fronts and cabinet doors – shown here in their “raw” form. All the fronts have since been finished, installed, stained and hardware fastened.

Name:	IMG_7470.JPG
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	25122071

Shannon finished trimming out the stairwell inclusive of staining the trim.

Name:	IMG_7471.JPG
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	25122072

Now…about paint color. We had, I kid you not, 30+ gallons of different colors and primer. Well, instead of it going to waste, Shannon decided to mix it all in a garbage can and whatever the end result, that was going to be the wall and ceiling color. In the end, it is kinda grey-ish / blue-ish. All I know is it is thick, we have a lot of it, and it covers in one coat – BONUS. We spent the majority of this past weekend painting.

Name:	IMG_7472.JPG
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	25122073

Shannon decided that Murphy and Maxwell needed some dog dish art…go figure…

Name:	IMG_7474.JPG
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	25122074

I have also been busy installing light fixtures. Most of the ceiling fixtures were just screw in bulbs hanging down loose as the previous owner had not decided on the final fixtures. In the kitchen, we had these 1980’s metal looking recessed lights…not overly attractive.

Name:	IMG_7477.JPG
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	25122075

To replace said fixtures, we opted to make a couple of chicken feeders into pendant lights. These turned out really nice.

Name:	IMG_7478.JPG
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	25122076

And here are a couple more random shots taken during various stages of our progress. This is the coffee bar area – since taking this photo, the surrounding trim and a cap has been installed on top of the pony wall and stained. The mini fridge has also been sanded and will be painted to match the other appliances.

Name:	IMG_7479.JPG
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	25122077

And here is a view, albeit dark, of the kitchen with all the cabinets stained.

Name:	IMG_7481.JPG
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	25122078

And for some added perspective, the top half of this photo is when we were viewing the house for the first time in ~March 2013. The bottom half is how it looks, more or less, today. We’ve come a long way…just wish we had more time up there to knock more out. Until next time…

Name:	IMG_4637.JPG
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	25122079

cool

Comment

Love that kitchen Kevin! Yall have done a great job on it. Love the table/island thingy too!

Comment

Looking good...well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Love that kitchen Kevin! Yall have done a great job on it. Love the table/island thingy too!
          Thanks hombre. Tabletop is made out of some of the original wood flooring.

Comment

Y'all are doing a great job Kevin!

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                Y'all are doing a great job Kevin!
                Originally posted by TKC View Post
                Looking great!
                Gracias. Lots of ibuprofen.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Hey looking good, where is this located I missed any previous info on this?

Comment

really GREAT!

Comment

Awesome work!! That all looks amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                          Hey looking good, where is this located I missed any previous info on this?
                          Hey Bill. Right outside of Jewett in Leon County. Got a few threads over the years on here...look up KHo and Funny Farm. We love it!

Comment

Kevin I don't know how I missed this all this time, but this is awesome. Ya'll have done an amazing job with this. Best of luck to you and yours. How many acres is it?

Comment

looks great! congrats on the progress!

Comment

Working...
                              X