No announcement yet.

Buying just a bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember that and the marlin both use the bolt guide as an ejector with the magazine feed lips assisting.

Extractors are easy, just a keeper over them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      Clean the chamber really well also and its **** near guaranteed to fix the problem.

You have the headspace issue, and bolts are not cheap.
      Ok definitely not a bolt problem. Put my bolt in another gun and it worked just fine. Something is going on with the barrel. It's was hard to even clean it with a patch and wire brush. It's like the throat of the barrel shrunk? Any suggestions?

Comment

So are we talking not ejecting or not extracting?

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
          So are we talking not ejecting or not extracting?

It's literally getting stuck. Ran 4 patches oiled real good down it. Used wire brush over and over and it's tough to get shell in and to get out have to run cleaning rod down from the top and tap it to get it out. It's like the throat shrunk? I have about 600 rounds threw it

Comment

I wouldn't be spending this much time on a 275$ gun but it shoots light out

Comment

Spray it with some Wipeout and leave it for 24 hours, run a patch then do it again. Break cleaner works wonders cleaning carbon

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                Spray it with some Wipeout and leave it for 24 hours, run a patch then do it again. Break cleaner works wonders cleaning carbon

Will go get some tomorrow. Really appreciate the advice

Comment

What model of Savage do you have? Here's a video on cleaning the model 93 bolt that should help you with the breakdown procedure - if that's the model you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a cleaning swap soak it in your favorite cleaner then place it in the chamber so it is held in place and let it set overnight. Remove and clean with a proper size cleaning wir brush.
                    Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X