Good Eats in Lufkin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Eats in Lufkin?

A couple buddies and I are headed to George West to chase some turkeys this weekend. It looks like we will be headed through Lufkin about noon on Friday. Anybody have any recommendations on some good grub?

My wife went to high school there. Cafe Del Rio is a place I don't miss. And the are building one in Allen!!!!

Comment

Posado's is good too

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Ralph and Kacoos

Comment

Ralph and Kacoos!

Comment

I ate at some dive on the east side that had fresh seafood boil several years ago

I think it was on 103

Comment

We would eat at a place called Fuller's back in the day. They opened at 11 and closed when they ran out of food. Awesome home style cooking, it was buffet style and they had a slogan "if you don't get full at Fuller's, it ain't Fuller's fault". And Friday was Étouffée day. Anyone else remember this place? Is it still there?? This was in 99-00.

Comment

Well, don't go to Fuller's.........

Burned up a couple of weeks ago. Bummer

Comment

La Unica but Fridays are packed this time of year. Ralph and kacoos is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                      Posado's is good too

Posados! Get the grilled quail! Ralf and Kakoos is fantastic but a little pricy. Outback and Redlobster both right there.

Comment

Rays drive in

Best burger in town

Cafe del Rio is good
                        Ralph & Kacoo's is okay, not the bomb

Dont do.......
                        bbq place in town. Yuck. They were Restaurant:Impossible
                        bbq place off loop on 69.....nasty

Comment

Steak and raw oysters at Ralph and Kakoos

Cafe Del Rio is pretty good too, just got old cause every time we went to lufkin when I was a kid we always ate there.
                          Last edited by BBReezen; 03-11-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Del Rio would be the first place I would eat if I went back to Lufkin. I lived there for almost 10 years.

Fullers was good. To bad that it burned. Same happened to Rays West. Drove thru last week and saw it was still closed.

Mom's made a Monster #2. It was more burger than anyone should ever need to eat.

Pete's Place out 69 was good if you could get passed the smoke.

Lufkin BBQ was pretty good back in the day but I hear its not the same.

Ralph and Kacoos is good. Not the best but its whats in Lufkin.

Lots of Big name places...

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post

Dont do.......
                              bbq place in town. Yuck. They were Restaurant:Impossible
                              bbq place off loop on 69.....nasty
                              This!!
                              my parents use to live in Lufkin (30 yrs ago) and all my mom use to talk about is how good the BBQ place was. I took her last summer to go eat there and it was disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                              X