Anyone deer hunted New Mexico Unit 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone deer hunted New Mexico Unit 2B

I am looking for tips on where to go in the unit and the best way to hunt them. Any help would be great!

Depends on season. Sept hunt is completely different than the Jan hunt.

Comment

spot and stalk, or its possible to set up on a water hole. Late Jan hunt is way more productive however their are big bucks but they might not be moving much and sticking to a food source, which early will be an alfalfa field if one is in the area.

I will be up there this weekend.....I was born and raised in that area.....

Comment

Nope but that is one of the most coveted units for muley's, really anywhere in north america. To get drawn for that unit is about a once or maybe twice in a lifetime draw. Enjoy it!

Comment

I hunt in Unit 36 and I'm not familiar with 2B but a bit of advice for September Muley hunting.....don't be discouraged if you don't see any good bucks the first few days of the season. What I have found every year from opening day on is that you see the does and younger bucks regularly and the big bucks have vanished. Then one day you see a bunch of good bucks together! They are in bachelor groups and seem very unpredictable as to when you'll see them. Last year I hunted hard starting Sept. 1 and it was the 12th when I missed a 13 point buck, got a nice 7 point buck in a group of five bucks on the 13th. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X