Cost for Shop slab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost for Shop slab

I just had a barn built on my property. I decided to build a pole barn based mostly on my budget and needs.

Now I’m considering putting down the concrete floor and am curious what you guys are seeing.

The barn is in Brazoria if that makes a difference. I had a pad built for it on select fill, but it will still need some dirt work done to level it and whatnot. I’m not sure if the concrete companies do that regularly or not.

The barn is 40x60 main area. 25’ porch on the 40’ side and I have a 15’ leanto the full 85’

What do y’all think I’m looking at price wise?

Also, any recommendations on the specifications of the slab?

If you know a good contractor, I’m all ears as well

For my 30x50 with a 15 x 50 lean-to it was around 11,000. Also included an extra 20 feet of driveway to reach shop doors. I'll send you a pm of some concrete guys.

Comment

6-7$ per sq ft depending on amount of beams you want
      No Piers at this price

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
        6-7$ per sq ft depending on amount of beams you want
        No Piers at this price
        This is about right, around my area people are trying to get $10 sf!

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
          This is about right, around my area people are trying to get $10 sf!

Comment

Mine is a 40x60 5” thick with fiberglass and rebar. It was right at 20k with footers for the lean to and all the beams. I’m in Brazoria too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was 20k for 40x60 with apron drive
              Beams running both directions and perimeter

For you it would be cheap my guy here would do flatwork for 4$ foot with reabar if that's all u r doing. 6-8 if u want beams etc
              That's price includes bringing in clean fill to shape the area...and to answer your question yes they usually bring a bobcat and do any surface prep- they are quick
              Last edited by kingranch; 07-04-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I am interested in having it built for equipment. Never know what the future holds. 4” May be okay, but I’m positive I’ll need beams atleast....

Comment

Anyone else have some knowledge to pass on?

Comment

mine was $1.75 per SF (included form work, installing wire mesh and finishing), i paid for the dirt work separate, and bought the concrete and forms/mesh, they installed.

Comment

Working...
                    X