Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you following the "kids in the cave" story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you following the "kids in the cave" story?

I can't think of many things more terrifying than being trapped deep in a flooded cave. I sure hope they can find a way to get them out. They are two miles from the entrance and none of them can swim much less use scuba gear. Apparently there are spots that are so tight the divers had to take off their tanks to squeeze through. It's the rainy season and the water may keep rising...

Click image for larger version

Name:	cave.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	25149871

Yup that'd be absolutely terrifying.

Comment

Pretty Unbelievable!

Comment

heard they will be there four months

Comment

That would be zero fun!

Comment

Me and that coach would be a having a serious heart to heart when they get out. How did they manage to get down that far?

Comment

I read that they were gonna try and teach them how to dive/use the gear to get them out.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                Me and that coach would be a having a serious heart to heart when they get out. How did they manage to get down that far?
                If I understand correctly they had gone in a ways and the water rose behind them leaving them trapped. As the water rose they had to go further and further in to find high ground.

Comment

When miners get trapped they dig a new hole straight down to them and get them out. Takes a lot less than 4 months. Is this not an option here?

If they know the layout then they should be able to dig a relief hole close enough to get to them without flooding them out.

Bruce Willis can dig a hole 600 ft deep in space to save the world. Why not now?

Comment

Note to self: above ground is just fine

Comment

That makes me sick to my stomach. I can't think of a worse way to go then being trapped in a cave filling up with water.....

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                        I read that they were gonna try and teach them how to dive/use the gear to get them out.
                        Makes sense. Mask, fins, small bottle, and a regulator would be all that is needed. I don't see more than a 10min swim/dive at a time.

Comment

Seems like enlarging some of the tight spots along the passageway out might take less time than digging 1/2 mile down.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            Seems like enlarging some of the tight spots along the passageway out might take less time than digging 1/2 mile down.
                            That would be a big risk. Could cause a big cave in that would block the exit and/or dam up the underground river and cause the water to fill up the cave before they could dig it out.

Comment

Holy hell...I'm not claustrophobic that I know of but I felt like I could be after reading that.

Comment

Working...
                              X