Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement

I am officially retired as of 4:00 pm yesterday. I was born on the Waggoner Ranch and retired from there after some 43+ years of employment with them. I now start a new chapter in my life with no idea of what is to come. Still will have tight ties to the ranch where I spent most all of my life as wife, brother and many friends are employed there. Living in town will take some getting used to as all but 2 years of my life has been spent in the country.
    Having worked for the largest ranch in the US under one fence has been quite a journey and now I start another. Life is great and you just have to make the most of it, I plan on doing so.

That's pretty cool. Congrats and good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very neat! Congrats to you.

Comment

Very cool. What did you do for them? Or maybe it's easier to list what you didn't do, ha!

Comment

Congrats on your retirement now get out and see the world and what it has to offer differently from ranch life I retired nearly 2 years ago and have traveled some since the epic day and have enjoyed it immensely

Comment

Congratulations. Enjoy your retirement, it's a good thing.

Comment

Well congrats to you, I guess we have been neighbors for several years, good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Comment

You must have some stories to tell after spending a good part of your life on that famous ranch. Man that is some magnificent country. I can only imagine what all you saw and did out there in God's country. Congratulations on your retirement. A new chapter in life indeed!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice, enjoy it,

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                      Very cool. What did you do for them? Or maybe it's easier to list what you didn't do, ha!
                      Started out as $150 a month cowboy in 1967. Moved over to the oilfield in my early twenties as a roustabout and retired as production superintendant.

Comment

Congrats. It is pretty rare these days to have so many years with one employer.

Comment

Congrats to you!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                            Started out as $150 a month cowboy in 1967. Moved over to the oilfield in my early twenties as a roustabout and retired as production superintendant.
                            Congratulations on the retirement! That is such an interesting sounding way of life. Because of your post I just did some reading on the ranch. Lots of history. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Comment

Congratulations on getting retired

Comment

Working...
                              X