Escape from Texas summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Escape from Texas summer

Not a fan of Texas summers. The daily lows in the high 70’s doesn’t work for me.

I’m in a position to be able to buy a place elsewhere, live there from June - September, and rent it the rest of the year. Obviously it needs to be someplace where people will want to rent it.

Thinking Colorado mountains, but considering all options. Wondering if anyone does something similar or has any good ideas.

Nutrioso would be my choice.

Comment

Iceland

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
        Not a fan of Texas summers. The daily lows in the high 70’s doesn’t work for me.

I’m in a position to be able to buy a place elsewhere, live there from June - September, and rent it the rest of the year. Obviously it needs to be someplace where people will want to rent it.

Thinking Colorado mountains, but considering all options. Wondering if anyone does something similar or has any good ideas.

I hope to be in your situation one day. My job keeps me where I’m at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Find the best place you can near or attached to public land in aColorado. In a unit that has OTC archery elk tags.

Scout all summer. Remain a Texas resident. Buy elk tag every year. Figure out where the animals are at. Hunt them every year before you come back to TX.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
            Find the best place you can near or attached to public land in aColorado. In a unit that has OTC archery elk tags.

Scout all summer. Remain a Texas resident. Buy elk tag every year. Figure out where the animals are at. Hunt them every year before you come back to TX.
            x2. Colorado in the mountains during the summer time is about as good as it gets.

Comment

we bought five acres that backs up to the national forest on our east and north side, just outside of Bayfield, Colorado at about 7600 feet elevation.

The plan is to live up there in the summers and then retreat back to Texas after elk season, right before the start of snow shovel season.

Comment

Following! !! We are considering Beaver Creek or Vail (Eagle County ), but definitely need to be away part of the year. New Zealand or France are even in the mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Varna, Bulgaria is nice this time of year. It was 49 here a couple morning back. Mostly a summer tourist destination. Winter is their off season. Its right on the coast of the Black Sea. Lost of history here and some mid evil ruins not far from here. And from what hear real estate is relatively cheap. Don't know how that type of foreign investment works but I am willing to bet its not very difficult.

Comment

California........without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      California........without a doubt
                      no reason to even come back to Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        no reason to even come back to Texas!
                        Ya....hopefully he has room for his partner.....49erfan

Comment

If you can't handle summer in Texas then you aren't a Texan

My parents are doing this exact same thing as you are wanting to do but for different reasons. They chose to open their own fishing lodge in Alaska to live there May-Sep.

Comment

I would choose Montana in a heart beat.

Comment

I would live in Colorado in the winter for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X