Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Growing up I always thought I was going to get my grandpas property that was passed down for a couple of generations. Well as life would have it, that place sold about 10 years ago. After that I wasn't really sure I would ever afford to buy a place, but after meeting my wife and sharing my dreams with her we set out a plan to save up enough money to buy some land one day. I didn't think it would come so soon with us being so young (me..28, her..30), but after messaging with Darton and seeing these other guys starting their own threads with places I started looking. I looked online for lots of months and missed out on some nice places because I didn't react fast enough.

When I first saw this place it was under contract, but back in March I saw it come available again and I didn't waste any time. I looked at it 3 days later without the agent and made an offer that night. Today I got word that everything went through and we are officially the owners!

Here's the good stuff:
    70 acres in Choctaw Co. with a creek running the entire length of the property. Mix of young and old timber. Pines and oaks mainly. Super thick in most areas with the young timber and some open pasture land as well that will be perfect for food plots.

I can't wait to get started and throw out some cams! I will be posting pics and what not of some things I'm doing around the place, and hopefully I'll have a thread like some of the greats here on TBH.

AND, for you guys dreaming about buying land...just do it as soon as you can. Don't wait around for the perfect place, the most acres, etc. Buy smaller if you have to and upgrade down the line. This stuff isn't getting any cheaper and they aren't making anymore of it!

Also, please give me your opinions on things...I can use all the help I can get! I'm definitely a rookie in this field.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Good for you!! Hope there is electric close by to hook up to. What is your water supply, well, community, co-op? You are very fortunate to make the decision now while you are young and can have it paid off by the time you folks retire!!

Now, lol, you have to invest in certain tools (tractors, etc.,) depending on what you want to do? Been there done that...miss my ole' acres very much these days and LAND WILL not get any cheaper and less of it..... good for you!!

Comment

Congratulations Brandon—-now where do I park my camper?

Comment

I'm happy for yall brother! That's too awesome! Looks like you might even get some ducks too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
              Good for you!! Hope there is electric close by to hook up to. What is your water supply, well, community, co-op? You are very fortunate to make the decision now while you are young and can have it paid off by the time you folks retire!!

Now, lol, you have to invest in certain tools (tractors, etc.,) depending on what you want to do? Been there done that...miss my ole' acres very much these days and LAND WILL not get any cheaper and less of it..... good for you!!
              Thank you! Yes, electric is just outside our front gate. Water I believe will be a well as that will probably be the most affordable. I believe there is a water line available, but not sure how far away it is.

Yeah tractor and what not will be needed at some point, but that will be further down the line. Luckily, I have a friend with that equipment that is offering to help when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                I'm happy for yall brother! That's too awesome! Looks like you might even get some ducks too

Ha we saw some when we first looked at it. About a dozen in the creek. And there are some big oaks that sit down in that creek too! Hoping it pulls some ducks in!

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  Congratulations Brandon—-now where do I park my camper?
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    Ha we saw some when we first looked at it. About a dozen in the creek. And there are some big oaks that sit down in that creek too! Hoping it pulls some ducks in!
                    Yeah you're gonna be all set up sounds like man! Congrats again

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                      Congratulations!!
                      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                        Yeah you're gonna be all set up sounds like man! Congrats again

Thanks, man!

Comment

Congratulations amigo. Nice looking place

Comment

Congrats on the property!

What direction are you from Hugo? My mother was raised on a farm due east of Grant near 109 and Fallon Rd. I hope to run my metal detector over the old home place this summer.

Comment

Cool looking property. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X